FS: 1986 GT by cheffrey85
Started on: 06-24-2014 12:35 PM
Replies: 5 (415 views)
Last post by: tshark on 07-01-2014 01:31 PM
cheffrey85

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2014 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cheffrey85Send a Private Message to cheffrey85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Selling a 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, 90,600 original miles, 3 Speed Automatic. I've owned if for just under about a year, wife is pregnant with number 2, so I need to move on from this.

Pictures at:
http://charleston.craigslis.../cto/4536542512.html

- Paint is only a few years old, very few flaws. Looks fantastic
- Many interior upgrades
- Suspension upgraded
- New Rims
- Power windows, power locks
- JVC KD-HR20, w/ Aux Input, Bluetooth, and Ipod Jack
- Freedom 150 Car alarm with remote entry
- Power Mirrors (Do not work in all directions, could be as simple as the switch, never got a chance to look into it)
- New wiper switch and turn signal stalk (No more phantom wiper swipes)
- All new belts
- Underdrive crank pully
- Rodney Dickman's Idler Pully
- Rodney Dickman's decklid strut
- Custom glove box, center console door, and arm rest with cupholders
- Custom Fiero spare tire cover
- Mr. Mikes seat covers
- Cruise control works
- All gauges work. Fuel gauge doesn't go to full with a full tank, but is accurate below a half tank.
- Heat blows hot
- AC converted to R134, but not currently working (Worked for a while after i bought it and then the compressor stopped engaging)
- Window tint on passenger door peeled in the corner. I cut off any loose parts and it isn't coming up anymore, but could stand to be redone.

I'll include a Gen 2 headlight motor upgrade, I have the motors, wiring harness and relay. The current Gen 1 motors were rebuilt a year or so ago and both still go up and down everytime. Comes with a California Car Cover. Also including the GM service manual, Haynes and Chilton's manuals and original owner's manual and DIY manual.

This is a great car, and I wouldn't hesitate to jump in and drive it anywhere. I drive it to work a few times a week and recently drove it to Orlando and back and didn't have any issues at all. Clean title, in hand. I'm asking $4500 OBO

Call or text at 843-670-eight seven seven nine.

[This message has been edited by cheffrey85 (edited 06-30-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cheffrey85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheffrey85Send a Private Message to cheffrey85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had this up on craigslist for a while, but haven't gotten much serious interest. Am I asking too much?
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what the car looks like, no you're not. But this is a slow market that is really geared towards the buyer. I've seen worse cars sell for more and nicer cars for around the same sometimes less (nicer as in swapped, because your car looks d@mn nice). It depends on how long you are willing to wait to sell. It will take the right buyer at the right time.

Its a frustrating process... I've sold a couple now, one for about half what I expected and one for a fair amount...both had the advantage of being 88s

Good luck with the sale, that's a nice and tastefully done car.
cheffrey85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cheffrey85Send a Private Message to cheffrey85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's definitely frustrating, but good to hear I'm not totally off the mark... Thanks for the input!
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cheffrey85:

It's definitely frustrating, but good to hear I'm not totally off the mark... Thanks for the input!

I don't think your off the mark at all.Thats a nice looking car.If I didn't have two fieros I'd be headed out too SC. I will pass this info to friends that like my cars.Good luck
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's worth what you can get for it. It would be great to think that it's worth that much, but with the AC not working, an oil leak, mirror issues, etc, probably not. Oil leaks can be a pain to fix. For $4,500, I'd expect these issues to be fixed. Fixed, maybe $3,300, if you were lucky. More pics and a complete engine/front compartment detailing might help.

Given the choice between this car and another '86 GT that didn't have these issues, had side scoops, a crate V8, and a 5-speed tranny, low-profile headlights, less than 55K, new paint, new tires, and an F355 nose, guess which one I'd choose. Or, pick between this one and a perfect '88 GT stock California car with 130K for a grand more. Or, between this one and an '88 GT California car with less than 66K on it, side scoops, leather, TA interior. Or, an '88 GT with no sunroof, 147K, "better than excellent condition" for $4,900.

Paul Vargyas has a nice price sheet.
http://www.paulvargyas.com/Price%20Guide.htm

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock