Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Rust free 86 Fiero project car in Northwest Indiana. Needs a new home.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rust free 86 Fiero project car in Northwest Indiana. Needs a new home. by zmcdonal
Started on: 06-14-2014 01:54 PM
Replies: 22 (1530 views)
Last post by: zmcdonal on 10-19-2014 06:03 PM
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so here's the deal I've got an 86 Fiero GT for sale in NW Indiana. The chassis is rust free, originally a Virginia car aside from a little surface rust in the battery tray area. The motor has 190,000 miles but ran strong and sounded good the last time I started it, however it has not been started in over a year due to not having a battery and a hole in the exhaust. Has new headlight motors and h4 headlight housings for drop in bulbs. The motor has new plugs, wires, cap, and rotor with pretty much no miles on them.

The interior needs work. The reason I am selling this car is that I just picked up a new project and can not have 3 Fieros. Currently this car has no interior in it. I traded interiors with my new car so now this interior needs work. I believe in doing things right the first time so I didn't really see a point in putting a cracked dash back in the car because the new owner would probably want to find a replacement anyway. Some of the interior pieces are in really nice shape, some of them just need some work, and some just need to be replaced.

I'm asking $850 $750 for it. I could probably get that much from parting it out and sending it to the crusher but I'd hate to do that to a rust free car. The car does not come with the spoiler in the picture.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

As you can see in the pics the door panels have Russttops lower kit in the black carbon fiber vinyl, and the door panels themselves are in very nice condition. I don't think he ever finished installing them because they need to be glued around the edges, but look very nice. The rear pillar panels and windshield posts are in very nice shape and nothing is broken in them.

The center arm rest I'm not sure what his plan was there because he completely removed the vinyl covering so as far as I can see that's pretty much garbage. He did the same thing with the aux gauge pod. The pod still works but there is no vinyl covering it.

The car would be a great candidate for a swap or someone whose framerails are rusted out.

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 10-03-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW things are different over on that side of the world. Here in BC Canada (West Coast) Those wheels and tires are almost worth 800 bucks being Gold Lace in good shape. So someone is getting a good deal on the car. However again, personal preference must be different over there. Here in BC the only thing a Tan Interior is good for, is as donor parts to be sanded and painted black. People like the grey, but love the Black and hate the Tan. Maybe its because our weather is so crappy, the cloudy days all the time just makes the tan look poopy. Its rarely hot enough to worry about having an all black interior.

So I just can't fathom you pulling all that nice black stuff out of your new project car and putting the tan into it. Again I am not saying its bad or wrong, just saying its different.

Hopefully someone snatches this car up quickly it really is a great deal especially for a younger kid that wants a fun car and wants to learn, but can't normally afford a Sporty car let alone a Fastback Fiero.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics For Sale $4000, Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would it take to get driveable? besides the interior.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It definitely will need brakes, when I bought it there was definite metal to metal, so I would say rotors and pads all around. It will need the hole in the exhaust addressed because it's extremely loud. That's is the main reason I quit starting it and driving it around the neighborhood every once in a while to stretch it's legs a little. When I bought it I had the oil changed, coolant and transmission flushed. Could probably use some fresh oil even though there aren't any miles on it. Those are the only things that come to mind at the moment, the guy I bought it from was using it as his daily.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love the wheels but don't have room for the whole car.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Auto or manual. clean title in your name? Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's an auto. Clean title, it was signed over by the previous owner and inspected by the sheriff, but I never applied for the new title or processed it because I never plated it.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for new pictures.

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 07-18-2014).]

zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2014 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Someone needs to buy this before I get tempted to start trading body panels with my other GT. I would hate to start trading panels because that would probably guarantee this one going to the scrap yard which I would hate to see, even though I could use some of the parts since they are in better condition.
raptor_vrscx

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2014 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raptor_vrscxSend a Private Message to raptor_vrscxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent very interested!
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Still available. Make me an offer. If it's here much longer I will strip what I want to keep and it WILL go to the junkyard.
PFF
System Bot
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I missed it but where are you located in NW Indiana?

Thanks,
Jason
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is located in Chesterton Indiana.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2014 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. This thing needs to go. You can't tell me that no one in the Chicago area is looking for a rust free GT, for a chassis or a body or as a good car for a project. Make me an offer!
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2014 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be all over that like white on rice if it weren't so far away. My twin is looking for a new project. I do hope someone buys this. It would be a good candidate for an engine swap.

------------------

1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Really no one interested? Don't make me crush a good chassis.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I knew it was a good runner, I'd be interested. Interior pieces can be replaced as money allows. I don't have the money or talent to replace/rebuild the motor myself.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

If I knew it was a good runner, I'd be interested. Interior pieces can be replaced as money allows. I don't have the money or talent to replace/rebuild the motor myself.

Yeah I couldn't really say for sure. It seemed to run strong last time I drove it but it's been sitting so long it would definitely need fresh gas and a battery to see how it runs. Seeing that it is almost 30 years old and has almost 200,000 miles on it, you never know what could go wrong.

One of the last times I drove it I barrowed a buddy's dealer plates and ran it through emissions, and it did pass at the time.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

zmcdonal

1676 posts
Member since Oct 2005

Originally posted by olejoedad:

You have a PM.

PM sent.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. About to start stripping it for parts. $750 takes it. I could probably make more parting it out.

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 10-03-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2014 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The clock is ticking and the days are getting shorter, this thing is leaving before the snow flies one way or another.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD SOLD SOLD! The new owner came and picked it up today, I told him about this forum so hopefully we will see him on here.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock