Started on: 05-30-2014 05:08 PM
Replies: 15 (464 views)
Last post by: RCR on 06-02-2014 11:11 AM
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a set to modify. Anything out there?

Sent Archie email, but I'm not sure if he has anything left.

Anyone??

Bob
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do these rocker panels look like?
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a set. New, never installed. I was going to try them this weekend to see if I wanted to keep or sell them as I finally got all the parts for my fastback conversion together. They are the ones Twin Lakes and Denny Patton sold years ago. Feel free to make an offer if you are interested. I have been going back and forth with installing them or selling them and going a different route, but should know this weekend.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

I have a set. New, never installed. I was going to try them this weekend to see if I wanted to keep or sell them as I finally got all the parts for my fastback conversion together. They are the ones Twin Lakes and Denny Patton sold years ago. Feel free to make an offer if you are interested. I have been going back and forth with installing them or selling them and going a different route, but should know this weekend.

Cool beans..Got a picture??

QuadGT:

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 05-30-2014).]

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long story short- I am truly mixed on selling these but it was going through my mind the last 2 days and I saw this post. I don't even know what I'd be asking, but if you're interested, feel free to PM me a price.

These are pics from the website when I bought them:

Here is what some folks did- by cutting down the front fender section of the rocker.

Here is what others did:

Here is my set- It's a crappy cell phone pic of them taken 5 mins ago. They still have the packing tape residue from being shipped Greyhound
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These were originally made by IRM, their design was basically copied/stolen and sold under their names

I had a set but sold it a while ago when my GT was rear ended
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Smartaxle: Archie's rockers cover the original rocker sill (as seen in my above picture). Do the IRM one's as well? I can't tell from your picture.
Also, where are you located?

Bob
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2014 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IRM came out with the original design but others vary in attachment, width of the rocker, and scoop position. Mine are not IRM, neither are Archies. Similar concept, but still different. If you look at the pics of mine, you will see the rocker sill and scoop placement are different. IRM came with built on moldings, archies allow your own, as do the ones I have. Archies have a much wider rocker then mine and his scoop is different. Depending on the ground effects some would prefer the ones I have to Archies and vice versa.. Some look better with difft trim and supporting mods. Thats why I posted the after pics of the ones I have. They give a different "feel" then the IRM and Archie ones..

Yes, mine replace the factory rocker. They have the fiberglas wrap over the rocker steel and are riveted or glued down.

I am in waterford.
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Cool beans..Got a picture??

QuadGT:

Bob

Oh, I like these. These can't be purchased anymore huh? If you plan on redoing them, I will be interested.

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there were 2 makers of them, Archie makes a set and IRM did as well. If you have a set with the molding integrated into them they are IRM if you have to add your own there archie
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:
Oh, I like these. These can't be purchased anymore huh? If you plan on redoing them, I will be interested.

My guess is Archie will start making them again in July once he gets situated in Vegas At least that's what I surmise from his retirement thread.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Question: If Archie is out of action for a few months, who else sells these types of rockers still?

Bob
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good question as these are what I finally decided on as well.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2014 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also be mindful when you get them they all don't go on perfectly. I had to do a lot of dermal because the front end of these things were causing my doors to pin against the fenders every time I opened the doors. they aren't a simple bolt and go.. Also they tend to pick up a lot of debris while driving.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Also be mindful when you get them they all don't go on perfectly. I had to do a lot of dermal because the front end of these things were causing my doors to pin against the fenders every time I opened the doors. they aren't a simple bolt and go.. Also they tend to pick up a lot of debris while driving.

Thanx for the warning, but being that they are going to be "tweeked" to look like this:

Probably not a big issue.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Bump for the stuck at work crowd.

Anyone making something similar to IRM or Archies??

Bob

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock