88 T-Top GT - 3.4TDC Swap - FS/FT by brownc00
Started on: 05-15-2014 01:21 PM
Replies: 11 (1064 views)
Last post by: brownc00 on 05-29-2014 08:57 PM
brownc00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,
Thinking its time to part with my 88 GT CJB car. It hardly ever gets driven anymore and I'd rather see someone enjoy it.

88 CJB car. Started as a notch, is now GT including all the sway bars and misc components. Few body mods all done with factory pontiac parts from various years. Poly bushings in the rear, powder coated subframe. Rebuilt retrag 5spd, 3.4TDC crate motor with something like 6K miles on it. Powder coated intake. Pretty much anything that could be rebuilt has been rebuilt.

The car was built by former member Mike Murphy. He built the car as what he thought an 88 indy fiero might be. So, it has a complete Indy interior and Indy badging. I installed Mr Mike's Indy seats, but I also have an original set of Indy buckets that have had the lumbar parts added to them. It made the Dells run 2 years ago so if you were there, you may have seen it.

Car is pretty quick and drives great. Has a few small imperfections, but overall fantastic. The guy who built it handed me something like $14k in receipts when I got the car. Lots of things have been done to it, I'm sure I'm forgetting lots.
I'd like to see $7000 out of it. However, I'm open to trades as well. Located outside of Milwaukee, WI.

[img]i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y420/chadbrown76/88%20Fiero%20GT/IMAG0204_zps00f144f9.jpg[/img]

[This message has been edited by brownc00 (edited 05-17-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blue87t-top

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87t-topSend a Private Message to Blue87t-topEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride - I'm very likely staying out of the market for a while (no room for projects) but I always appreciate a nice t-top, & as I'd love to point out to the wife, a running car is not a project (I know, I know - I'm a tinkerer even if things are working)

To that note,

How are the t-top seals? Any leaks?

What's the mileage on the chassis?

Any rust concerns (undercarriage, frame rails in rear wheel wells, under battery, trunk under the carpet, elsewhere?)

How is the trunk weatherstrip seal?

3.4 swap can be done a couple of different ways - does the engine bay look stock or like the donor?

Thanks for the info (again, very likely out of market, but still curious)

- Steve
Blue87t-top
brownc00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No rust on the chassis or trunk floor or anywhere. Not sure on the mileage of the chassis either but pretty much everything has been replaced so I don't know what high/low mileage really means on the car. T-top seals are good and don't leak. They have a few fine cracks, but are still flexible and plyable. Trunk seal is excellent.

I'm not sure what you mean by doing the swap a few different ways. It looks like the stop engine bay with a ginormous engine in place of whatever was there before. The battery was moved to the trunk and the original battery location now houses the coil packs. ECM is under the console like stock. Honestly, the engine looks like it came thay way from factory. I'll find some pics and post them up when I get home.

Its definetly not a project car. I'd drive it anywhere as it sits. Yes, I know wifes won't understand this :-)
Brygida Fieros

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2014 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brygida FierosClick Here to visit Brygida Fieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to Brygida FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you trade for my '87GT - silver brand new paint... V6 Auto - flowmaster exhaust - leather interior & 17" chrome rims
Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can not afford to buy your car but I would like to know what front bumper cover that is?
FREE BUMP!
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you trade for a Chevy four wheel drive in good shape?
johronb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johronbSend a Private Message to johronbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car, does it have A/C and Cruise?
Lurate

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2014 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's amazing to me to see the deals you can get on these Fieros. T-Top, 3.4 mid-engine '88 Fiero in that kind of shape for $7000. Somebody's going to have great ride. I sure love my T-Tops.
brownc00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2014 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car has A/C but no cruise.

Still available. Lowering the price to $6500. Buy it before I change my mind!
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2014 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the HP on the 3-4?
PFF
System Bot
brownc00

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car is SOLD!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock