Looking for a Chumpable Fiero by deroberg
Started on: 05-07-2014 09:24 AM
Replies: 6 (188 views)
Last post by: deroberg on 05-07-2014 08:20 PM
deroberg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for derobergSend a Private Message to derobergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

I am trying to find a Fiero to build into a race car.  From what I have read, the 88 suspension is probably what I want, but I would consider other years.  I would prefer a car that is at least nearly drivable and has a title, as I would like to drive it around for a couple months to find any issues before tearing it apart.  Engine/transmission is not a huge concern, as a 3800/F23 swap is likely.

I am in central Iowa, but am willing to trailer the car a reasonable distance.  If you have a beat up fiero that you think would make a good race car, let me know!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness, and always good to see another Iowan here.

Look at this thread at the $4000 Fiero which has already run in the Chump races:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/069061.html

Dan
deroberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for derobergSend a Private Message to derobergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did notice that posting. Knowing our team, we wouldnt feel right unless we build the car ourselves. I'm sure its going to cost us more than 4000 in the end though.

This forum has already been a great resource over the last few weeks. I see a lot a chump support! It's good to find another Iowan so quickly
88Franz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FranzSend a Private Message to 88FranzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 GT with 3800 sc swap that you might be interested in for sale. Car runs and drives. Might be a good fit for your needs. I live in Huntsville, AL area.
deroberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derobergSend a Private Message to derobergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking I'd be willing to trailer around 400 miles for the right car, and I would expect you to be out of our budget with the complete 3800 swap.

Although, I do have a friend that moved down your way...
88Franz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FranzSend a Private Message to 88FranzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have mine posted here in the mall under '88 GT 3800 SC project for sale. Make an offer. I will keep tinkering with it while I have it, but need it gone soon. Let your friend know also.
deroberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derobergSend a Private Message to derobergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, we're not in the same range. I'm really looking for something for around 1000 or less. I could probable pay a little more for a 3800 swap, but not enough for that car.

I just need something I can get running well enough to daily drive. We are treating this as an R&D project. We will evaluate and try to break a cheap car for a while on the streets, and then we will know what we need to do when we tear it apart. Or we can decide that a Fiero isn't the car for us before we have it in pieces, or worse yet, when we get to the track.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock