WTB headers or ported manifolds V6 by notaguru
Started on: 04-18-2014 12:14 AM
Replies: 3 (174 views)
Last post by: notaguru on 04-21-2014 11:53 PM
notaguru

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for notaguruClick Here to visit notaguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to notaguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'88GT V5 2.8L - 40k miles, being revived after many years stored in the sun

The car is running fine now, but it lacks power. A less restrictive exhaust including an improved muffler might do the job. Does anyone have an old set of headers or a well-ported original manifold lying around? Condition is unimportant, but price is (as usual) critical.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88White3.4GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its very easy to port your own exhaust manifolds with a dremel and hogging bits. I did the trunk side one in a good afternoon. The front side i had a mechanic take off for me, i bored it out, and he installed it back on. Get new gaskets though.
formulageorge

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulageorgeSend a Private Message to formulageorgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just removed a stock set off of a 2.8 88 GT motor. Has a crack at welded joint (normal) can be fixed. Otherwise in great shape. Email me if interested. I can send pics. we4buick1547@yahoo.com
notaguru

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notaguruClick Here to visit notaguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to notaguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a suitable pair. Just ordered the gasket set and hardware.

After doing the plugs on this V6, I vowed never again to hug that engine. Apparently the manifold job will introduce a whole new world of trouble.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock