T-Top inserts by nathnn99
Started on: 04-16-2014 01:46 AM
Replies: 10 (499 views)
Last post by: Russ88TTop on 04-26-2014 10:55 PM
nathnn99

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been searching for a set of T-Top inserts that will match the stock dark grey roof fabric and will block out the light. I have searched Rodney's site, Ebay, and a few others, but haven't been able to find such a product. Have these ever been made or do you know if they exist. As I live in Arizona, I would be interested in seeing if I could lower my cabin temperature a couple of degrees.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you mean T-Top shades?
If so check out Russ88TTop here in the Mall, he does fantastic work with reasonable prices!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/055000-3.html
Russ made T-Top shades for my black 88 Fiero GT with dark grey fabric to match the headliner and light grey vinyl on the opposite side to deflect the sun's rays just below the glass. The workmanship was top notch!
The next item from Russ on my list (something you should consider with your intense sunlight) is a grey velour type carpet dash cover.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/067058.html

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 04-16-2014).]

nathnn99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Thank you. Something along those lines is what I was hoping for.
indyguy888

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indyguy888Send a Private Message to indyguy888Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep I agree, Russ makes a bunch of different products for the fiero. I never heard one complaint on his work. If he doesn't like something he made, he will redo it before he send it out to you.

animal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live in Florida and the "Limo" solar film on my T-tops really cuts down on the heat - that's the darkest solar film available. I sometimes use the sun shades as well and the two together really do the job. If you don't already have solar film on your the T-tops, I highly recommend it.
nathnn99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "Solar" film? Is that the mirror tint? I always thought of Limo tint as extremely dark black. I am in learning mode.
nathnn99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nathnn99

59 posts
Member since Dec 2013

Originally posted by canfirst:

The next item from Russ on my list (something you should consider with your intense sunlight) is a grey velour type carpet dash cover.

Do the dash covers muffle the front speakers any or can you notice a difference?
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ responded to my concern about the dash covers muffling the speakers as follows:
"The mat material I use lets the sound come thru OK, but I can cut the holes for the speakers for you - I think, I'll check"

I guess you have to weight slight muffling of the speakers versus the sun taking a toll on the speaker cones and fading the fabric speaker cover material. It would be best to review this issue with Russ88TTop
nathnn99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

I guess you have to weight slight muffling of the speakers versus the sun taking a toll on the speaker cones and fading the fabric speaker cover material. It would be best to review this issue with Russ88TTop

That's a very good point.
nathnn99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathnn99Send a Private Message to nathnn99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ,

I just wanted to say thank you for a great set of SunShades!!! Thank you for the great product!
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your Welcome

Russ

------------------

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave