Pair of NEVER USED in a Fiero OEM '85 GT Seats FOR SALE by FieroFanatic13
Started on: 04-15-2014 03:04 PM
Replies: 31 (1918 views)
Last post by: TXOPIE on 08-16-2014 04:05 PM
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EDIT: SOLD!

I wasn't sure what to ask when I started this thread and after some input from other members and looking online elsewhere I am now ASKING $275 OBO plus shipping.

Okay- as the title states, I have a pair of '85 GT seats that have "never been used in a Fiero." I say that because they WERE intalled in a prototype/concept car of some sort around '84-'86 according to the retired GM engineer I bought them from a while back. When this concept was going to be scrapped, I guess he was allowed to take the seats- he thought at the time that he'd use them for a hot rod project eventually. 27 years of storage later, he hadn't used them and decided to clear out some parts he had in his pole barn.

I bought them planning to use them in a Fiero I have since sold and my "new to me" Fiero has a tan interior and I don't want to hold on to these when someone could use them. I have no idea what to ask for these so suggestions are welcome. I certainly won't give them away though- and I am trying to research what they may be worth currently.

I HAVE NOT CLEANED THEM so they have some very light areas that can be seen in the pics. A good clean job and these are almost "as new."

Note that the driver seat has ONE tiny blemish on the front seating area. Can't tell what it's from but it's there. I included a close up of this spot. Also note that the side trim is NOT broken on the driver seat. The side trim piece IS broken on the passenger seat, but I have a NOS passenger side piece I would include in any sale (see pics of this as well).

Anyway, here are pics:

DRIVER SEAT

Whole Driver Seat

Whole Driver Seat with yellow circle noting the blemish I mentioned

Here is the small blemish on the front padded portion of the driver seat- you can make it out in the pic of the whole seat when you look close

Driver Seat Outter Bolster (note the lack of ANY wear and that the trim isn't hanging loose)

Driver Seat Lower Outter Bolster (note the uncracked vinyl piping)

Driver Seat Trim Piece

Dricver Seat Headrest Speakers

Back of Driver Seat (note the unstretched mesh pocket)

PASSENGER SEAT

Passenger Seat Entire Seat

Passenger Seat Lower Side Bolster

Passenger Seat Head Rest Speakers

Passenger Seat Side Trim (this does have the broken tab)

NOS Passenger Seat Side Trim Piece Front

back

[This message has been edited by FieroFanatic13 (edited 08-12-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroSE757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSE757Send a Private Message to FieroSE757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much are you asking for them?
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroSE757:

How much are you asking for them?

I really don't know what to ask for them! Shipping will be pricey due to their size obviously. But these are in amazing condition! I won't make it a "bid" situation but I'd surely consider realistic offers.

Maybe I should re-post in "general" and ask for pricing suggestions from non-shoppers, lol.

Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I shipped a pair of seats from Minnesota to New Mexico via Greyhound and I believe it was around $96. Used the large garment box from Uhaul. worked perfect.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

I shipped a pair of seats from Minnesota to New Mexico via Greyhound and I believe it was around $96. Used the large garment box from Uhaul. worked perfect.

Good to know. This might help someone considering them! Thanks!
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll offer $200...
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2014 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matthew_Fiero:

I'll offer $200...

You have a PM.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...thought there'd at least be more opinions on pricing on these!?
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just paid $718 for a pair of brand new replacement seats shipped to my door. Considering the hassle it is to install them, I would have gladly paid $400 for yours shipped figuring that they might wear out and need recovering sooner. If only you had posted them 2 weeks ago. lol

Charlie
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

I just paid $718 for a pair of brand new replacement seats shipped to my door. Considering the hassle it is to install them, I would have gladly paid $400 for yours shipped figuring that they might wear out and need recovering sooner. If only you had posted them 2 weeks ago. lol

Charlie

Dang. "Mised it by THAT much!" Thanks for the info though!
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the exact same set of seats in my '85 SE. I thought the GT seats had a stripe across the back?

[This message has been edited by Boostdreamer (edited 04-18-2014).]

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I have the exact same set of seats in my '85 SE. I thought the GT seats had a stripe across the back?

'85 GT seats look just like this as far as I know. The ones with horizontal stripes were '86-87 gt's i believe. I had a 30k original mile '85 GT with these same seats in it for whatever that's worth.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You talking about these stripped seats? Here is mine from a '85 SE parts car

JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would say 300 for the pair plus shipping is fair. If they were perfect I would say 350 or more. These are 85 only seats for gray interior GT or SE. The striped seats are 84's only. It's all about demand. I think there is more demand for the 86/87 GT seats so they may cost a bit more. Hold out for the price you want and someone who needs them may pay it. I also think these might be less in demand because they hold up better. This might be due to the fact that they have no side piping. Good luck!!!

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 04-19-2014).]

spacecaps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2014 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spacecapsSend a Private Message to spacecapsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So difficult is it to take the seats out of a Fiero? I know in my Mustang in order to get the front seats out you have to unbolt them from underneath the car. If someone were to buy theses seats would it be easier to take the fabric off the existing seats and swap them ut with the covers on these. I like the idea of the pockets in the back and my drivers seat fabric is worn but the seats themselves are fine.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2014 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spacecaps:

So difficult is it to take the seats out of a Fiero? I know in my Mustang in order to get the front seats out you have to unbolt them from underneath the car. If someone were to buy theses seats would it be easier to take the fabric off the existing seats and swap them ut with the covers on these. I like the idea of the pockets in the back and my drivers seat fabric is worn but the seats themselves are fine.

Fiero seats are EASY to remove unless you have a nut/bolt so rusty it's rounded off or something. Four nuts have to be removed- 2 front and 2 rear- that bolt the seat to the floor. You can position the seat all the way back and remove the front 2 nuts, then slide the seat forward and remove the rear 2 nuts, then the seat comes right out!
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Bump!

Interested in selling just the skins? It would be much cheaper and easier to ship.

Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there you go, sell the skins on PFF and sell the shell and frame on ebay to a corvette guy to recover which they would do anyway.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

Interested in selling just the skins? It would be much cheaper and easier to ship.

Maybe depending on the offer?
PFF
System Bot
woodrow50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can ship to zip 77469 for around $100 (give or take), I'll take them as they sit for $275.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodrow50:

If you can ship to zip 77469 for around $100 (give or take), I'll take them as they sit for $275.

Let me get a shipping quote for you. May take a couple of days so bare with me!
woodrow50

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure, I can wait a few days. Let me know.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodrow50:

Sure, I can wait a few days. Let me know.

Will do!
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...

I ended up being too busy for a while and these haven't sold. Anyone interested?
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sent you a P.M.
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures?
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Knight

364 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Sorry. Page just failed to load pictures for several minutes. Finally showed up.
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mr-riff:

sent you a P.M.

Reply sent!
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THANKS...they should show up later today!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock