Started on: 03-29-2014 02:29 AM
Replies: 14 (488 views)
Last post by: markkrug on 04-05-2014 10:36 PM
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2014 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a pair of fastback quarter windows that fit. I've not been able to find a reliable source. I want a tinted set, with colored lettering. Has anyone else had any luck finding these?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Chris Cook Designs. He's gtfiero on Ebay. These are probably the best you can get other than a NOS find. Email him about tinted windows.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/86-...em20e0e8379b&vxp=mtr

There are also 2 used OEM windows on Ebay on this page:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.h...acat=33683&_from=R40

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-30-2014).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofool

12808 posts
Member since Jan 2002
By The Way, Welcome to the Fiero world of fun and frustration. Looks like you have a restoration project underway? Post up some pics and info.
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have originals, contact me and will send photos.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Darn. I was trying to get them from gtfiero, who was recommended to me by several people. The communication didn't go well, and he finally said he couldn't get the lettering. This was on ebay, actually. When I found the dubious recommendation on PFF for Chris Cook, earlier today, I thought there was another vendor, so I emailed him. No response, so far, but if they're one any the same vendor, that explains it. I have never seen a set quite like what I'm looking for.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Have originals, contact me and will send photos.

Is the lettering on yours gold?

I can't seem to get pictures to work. I checked with Cliff, but no fix in sight.

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Darn. I was trying to get them from gtfiero, who was recommended to me by several people. The communication didn't go well, and he finally said he couldn't get the lettering. This was on ebay, actually. When I found the dubious recommendation on PFF for Chris Cook, earlier today, I thought there was another vendor, so I emailed him. No response, so far, but if they're one any the same vendor, that explains it. I have never seen a set quite like what I'm looking for.

I got mine from Chris Cook. He is an excellent vendor and just doesn't communicate very well.
V8 Archie recommended him to me and I was reluctant as well. But I went ahead with my Ebay order and had them within a week. He may respond to seller questions on Ebay about his product.
You wont be disappointed. He has 100% positive feedback.

------------------
Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap
13.104 @ 101.45 MPH 3" exhaust, 3.4 pulley, ZZP tune and 18 year old tires.

88 Coupe under construction

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

I got mine from Chris Cook. He is an excellent vendor and just doesn't communicate very well.
V8 Archie recommended him to me and I was reluctant as well. But I went ahead with my Ebay order and had them within a week. He may respond to seller questions on Ebay about his product.
You wont be disappointed. He has 100% positive feedback.

Nice car. Well, I can't seem to get a response from beyone the printing issue. He says the printer is the hold-up.
Imnuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImnutsSend a Private Message to ImnutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you all know if the ones from the Fiero Store are of any quality? My wife bought them as a surprise and I was wondering if I should send them back or not.
Thanks,
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They don't use the correct ink/paint judging by the one I received from FieroJon. Though I bought from Jon, one of the windows had The Fiero Store sticker still on it, was identical in all manner to the other, and they were loaded with trash and there was definitely indication that the large black background had been sprayed on rather than printed. You could see a line where the matrix had been masked and the large background had been applied after the matrix was printed. The black felt very soft. It should feel pretty much like the window and have a thin opaque coating, not thick as with spraying.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Imnuts:

Do you all know if the ones from the Fiero Store are of any quality? My wife bought them as a surprise and I was wondering if I should send them back or not.
Thanks,

Let us know what you think of them.
PFF
System Bot
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got mine from Chris Cook. There was a slight communication issue but likely my fault as much as his. Product is great. I don't know if you saw mine at our get together but I have no complaints. 3m tape came with the order.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by markkrug:

I got mine from Chris Cook. There was a slight communication issue but likely my fault as much as his. Product is great. I don't know if you saw mine at our get together but I have no complaints. 3m tape came with the order.

I didn't pay special attention to yours. They looked fine.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tshark

4388 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Mark, were yours without the emblem? That seems to be the problem. I can get blank windows just fine. I'm trying to get the GT windows from my '86.
markkrug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for markkrugSend a Private Message to markkrugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are tinted and have the emblem. Other than the fact they are tinted, they look and feel like the originals.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock