New ABS Speaker Door Panels by FieroStore
Started on: 01-17-2014 04:57 PM
Replies: 48 (2793 views)
Last post by: NetCam on 10-12-2014 05:36 PM
FieroStore

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store is proud to introduce new ABS plastic speaker door panels. They replace the entire factory door panel and are made of ABS plastic with a texture that is similar to your other interior trim parts. They will accommodate a pair of 6.5" diameter speakers with a mounting depth of up to 2". Each speaker is recessed into the panel for a sleek modern look. Sold only in pairs, available with ($259.95/pair) and without ($199.95/pair) speakers. Fits power window Fieros only, there is no provision for a window crank.

The panels come molded in black but you can paint them to match your stock interior or wrap them for a more custom look (i.e. carpet, vinyl, etc). No cutting to the factory door is required for speaker clearance. Combine them with our rear wall speaker panel for an audiophiles's dream!

Click here for pictures and to learn more.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do these door panels still use those white plastic "Christmas tree" fasteners?

I hate those things...
rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is the fit/finish on these? Does anyone here on the forum have a pair of these? Would like some reviews before I buy a set.
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have to say I'd be very interested in a set of these if they look as good on the car as they do in the pictures.
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fierostore,

Those look great. What kind of speakers do you provide for the extra cost?

Thanks
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
first the waterfall with speaker mounts and now the door panels, fieros will never sound the same again They look to be well mad and definitely on the list of parts for further interior refreshment.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroStore:

The Fiero Store is proud to introduce new ABS plastic speaker door panels.
They will accommodate a pair of 6.5" diameter speakers with a mounting depth of up to 2".

People have been wanting these for YEARS. I expect sales should be brisk.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you put your own material on them? to do a recovering?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From TFS wesite:

Door panels come molded in black but you can paint them to match your stock interior (as seen in the photos) or wrap them for a more custom look (i.e. carpet, vinyl, etc).
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NetCam

1490 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by dajack761:

Fierostore,

Those look great. What kind of speakers do you provide for the extra cost?

Thanks

Looks like these ones:

2-WAY RETRO SOUND ULTRA THIN SPEAKERS (PAIR)
Upgrade the crackling factory speakers in your Fiero with our new aftermarket replacements from Retro Sound. They will enhance sound, making it more crisp and dynamic. 6.5" speakers fit the Fiero Store's ABS Door Panels and Rear Speaker Wall Panels. These feature a neodymium magnet, flush-mount mylar tweeters, and a rigid pulp composite cone.

Specs:
50 watt RMS
100 watt max
4 ohm voice coil

Sold as a pair and include grills.
PFF
System Bot
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would purchase a set, but I have one of those poor people fieros, you know CRANK windows.

dan
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.amazon.com/Infin...8AFEE#productDetails just google shallow mount 6.5 inch these would be a good fit sound and power wise, and probably what im going with when i get to this project in the spring. Unheated garages suck

http://www.hifisoundconnect...2/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

there are many options as shallow mount is no longer the red headed step child of the car audio world that it once was. There have been many big name brands in the past few years building quality components for this market. Not everyone wants to do a full custom on their car to make it sound better or upgrade broken,tired and damaged audio gear. Some people have limited space, Fiero, to do custom installs and not intrude into the passenger space.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 01-19-2014).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just ordered me a pair. just what I need to finish the interior. Pics when I get it done.

*edit - when I got home today, 22 Jan, they were waiting for me on my doorstep. two days to ship *

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 01-22-2014).]

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big thumbs up to the F.S. I'll be getting a set of these... Thanks for the pics,guys.

Mark
jpeeler

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jpeelerSend a Private Message to jpeelerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

just ordered me a pair. just what I need to finish the interior. Pics when I get it done.

Rob

Please do. I am interested in two sets and would love to see them installed other than the standard low res HTML shots for the web site. I actually like the included speakers. They seem low profile. No glaring branding or anything.
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Do these door panels still use those white plastic "Christmas tree" fasteners?

Yes, the door panels use the Christmas tree style fasteners (included), similar to the factory style. If you do not like those, you can countersink holes in the ABS panels and use sheet metal trim screws to attach them to the door. Unfortunately, those screws would be visible and would void the warranty.

It looks like all other questions have been addressed accurately, but feel free to conatact us directly via email (info@fierostore.com) if you have any other concerns. Thanks to all for the positive feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is some discussion in General. Seems that many people would like a plain pair without the speaker mounting mod.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093376.html

Jonathan
GodSend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look nice. If they offered just the speaker pod on its own I image a lot of people would grab a pair.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got mine in the mail. Quick shipping. Love them, I was really surprised by how thick they were, there is no flex in them at all, you can actually hold on to one corner of them, hold them horizontal and they will not sag at all.

Only issue I have is that one of them is high gloss black and has a lower "grain" look and the other is more of a satin black and has a high degree of "grain". Not sure it matters but it is obvious when you look at them.

They look very straight, I put them on my kitchen floor and they fit flat, no wiggle at all. Overall all they look awesome. Can't wait to get the top painted beechwood and install them.

Thanks Fiero Store.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 01-22-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Overall all they look awesome. Can't wait to get the top painted beechwood and install them.

Thank you for the positive feedback, we're glad to hear that everything is going well. Could we trouble you for a few pictures of the finished product?
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for the positive feedback, we're glad to hear that everything is going well. Could we trouble you for a few pictures of the finished product?

No prob. It won't be soon, but i'll get some pics

Rob
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any chance your working on a set of "B" panels with a 5 1/4 inch speaker pod? I'd love a new "B" panel with an option of a speaker grill or not. All the ones I find in the junk yard have been ripped off by a**holes looking for some aftermarket speakers. Since I can't find stock ones in good shape, i've done my best with the ones I have, but they still look like crap. I'd love to put a set of 5 1/4 speakers in that spot.

Rob
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any chance your working on a set of "B" panels with a 5 1/4 inch speaker pod?

While we do have the opportunity to make other interior panels, there are no immediate plans to produce the "B" panels. We just introduced the door panels, so we're waiting to see how the market reacts before we start investing significant resources in other interior panels. Hopefully the door panels will be a success.
S-toon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for S-toonSend a Private Message to S-toonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While we do have the opportunity to make other interior panels, there are no immediate plans to produce the "B" panels. We just introduced the door panels, so we're waiting to see how the market reacts before we start investing significant resources in other interior panels. Hopefully the door panels will be a success.

Nice door panels! But also wondering if there is any word on this? Saw it on your Facebook page.

"In addition to our many other blessings, we are thankful that our new dash cap prototype fit very well and was approved for production. Stay tuned.... Happy Thanksgiving!"
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking product!
Looks like I need to purchase at least one set of these and the rear waterfall ones as well....maybe I will put these in Barbie when we redo her interior this spring!
Hope these will play nicely with Amida's G1 dash.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can put tweeters in the dash and a the 6.5 components on the doors. Would make a great stereo improvement.
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by S-toon:
Nice door panels! But also wondering if there is any word on [dash covers]? Saw it on your Facebook page.

Your timing is almost perfect. Dash covers just arrived today and we're working to get them posted to our web site as quickly as possible.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of options are there for speakers to fit these doors? Do these look any good?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-...cc89&_uhb=1#shpCntId

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they make shallow component sets like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JL-...em2ec9d1a84f&vxp=mtr

PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mmeyer86gt/gtp

3853 posts
Member since Sep 2001
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mmeyer86gt/gtp

3853 posts
Member since Sep 2001
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those speaker combos are good, but with only a 2" mounting depth, you would need to either; add a spacer ring to the speaker to push it out 3/4" or cut a hole in the metal of the door to allow the magnet to extend 3/4". Not sure what is located in the door at that location, so not sure if you could do that. I also have manual windows converted over to power using an aftermarket kit that puts a powerful motor on the crank. It extends into the cabin about 1/2" but these panels will clear. I just have to play with the speakers to make sure I don't interfere with the window mechanism. I'm thinking a spacer ring added to the panel may be the best option.

Rob
nightscar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightscarSend a Private Message to nightscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your timing is almost perfect. Dash covers just arrived today and we're working to get them posted to our web site as quickly as possible.

I love those door skins, will definitely be a future purchase for me
I am interested in the dash cover as well, but I would have to see some after installed pics.. to me it seams a dash cover would made the dash look big and bulky.. unless its super thin stuff?
Very asome stuff, good time to own a Fiero
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those speaker combos are good, but with only a 2" mounting depth, you would need to either; add a spacer ring to the speaker to push it out 3/4" or cut a hole in the metal of the door to allow the magnet to extend 3/4". Not sure what is located in the door at that location, so not sure if you could do that. I also have manual windows converted over to power using an aftermarket kit that puts a powerful motor on the crank. It extends into the cabin about 1/2" but these panels will clear. I just have to play with the speakers to make sure I don't interfere with the window mechanism. I'm thinking a spacer ring added to the panel may be the best option.

Rob

This is what I had to do with my 6x9 door speaker project. I think it came out really nice and the speakers sound fantastic.

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not going to lie, I would much prefer it... without the 45degree cut line on the pod.

------------------

crashmydaytona

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashmydaytonaSend a Private Message to crashmydaytonaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any of you guys who bought these door panels willing to post some installed pics and give me your opinion on fit and quality. Thinking of buying a set tomorrow for the 10% off sale. Thanks
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just ordered a set for my car....once painted and installed I will share some photos with you. Wish I had waited two more days....just saw the 10% off sale !!!!!! UGH !
Easy8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Easy8Send a Private Message to Easy8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While these look great and the speakers would be nice I see this as a missed chance to put some sort of cup/bottle holder on the door. I know it would make the mold harder to do but I for one would love to see something along this line over an extra set of speakers. Just my two cents and pretty good odds they will get some of my money soon for a set.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock