Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: zero mile LQ1 / 3.4 DOHC crate engine for Fiero swaps - complete

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: zero mile LQ1 / 3.4 DOHC crate engine for Fiero swaps - complete by Darth Fiero
Started on: 01-10-2014 11:59 PM
Replies: 31 (3165 views)
Last post by: Sourmug on 04-07-2014 09:56 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I acquired this crate LQ1 engine from another forum member a while back for a project that never materialized. It took me the better part of a year to track down the manifolds and other unique parts that fit this version of the LQ1, because it is the 96-97 model year 3.4 DOHC which had different heads than the earlier 3.4 DOHC engines.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The core engine itself is brand new - it has never been run. You can see the factory GM assembly lube on the cams in some of the pictures as well as the spotless intake and exhaust valves.

What parts are used are the exhaust manifolds, intake, throttle body, EGR valve, fuel rails and injectors, valve covers, and exhaust downpipe section (minus the cat converter which the yard cut off). The rear exhaust manifold's A.I.R. tube (for the SMOG pump) was broke off when it was pulled from the parts car but the front manifold's A.I.R. tube is intact. I suppose anyone doing a Fiero swap probably won't need the A.I.R. parts so they can be removed and the holes for them plugged. The EGR tube is hard to see but it is present. I tested all 6 injectors and they all work (bench test).

I hung a brand new remanufactured Duralast alternator (I have the box and receipt for it) on it as well as a used ignition coil pack assembly. Not in the picture is the water pump pulley which I think I have somewhere (I will have to look), but if I can't find it, you should have no problem locating once since you can use one from any LQ1 engine.

I'm asking $1000.00 for the whole package. Might be able to personally deliver it if the distance is not too far and you pay for fuel and food. I might also be able to ship via freight - but you will have to foot the bill and you will also have to assume all responsibility if something happens to it during shipping since getting freight companies to pay a shipping damage claim is next to impossible these days.

Let me know if you are interested via PM or email.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to mention that prior to installing this engine into your Fiero, you will need to put new intake and exhaust gaskets (as well as a thermostat and other cooling system related gaskets and o-rings) on it. The manifolds are just "hung" on it for taking pictures and to make sure I had all the necessary mounting hardware and fasteners.
RobertGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertGTSend a Private Message to RobertGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a deal. $1000 is seriously cheap considering it's a fully assembled long block. For those concerned, the fact that it's a 96-97 motor doesn't really change much if you don't want it to, the 91-93 wiring will work just fine.
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Dad has expressed interest, after being directed to this thread.

Any thoughts on cost to deliver or ship to Minnesota? (55020) We'll throw a party in your honor if you make the drive!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RobertGT:
For those concerned, the fact that it's a 96-97 motor doesn't really change much if you don't want it to, the 91-93 wiring will work just fine.

Is this true? I can't remember. I had a Fiero with a 93 TDC in it that developed a cracked cylinder before I got it. I have all the wiring, ECM, exhaust, AC, ect to install it.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The images must be huuuuge. Either that or your server or connection is acting up.
I'm on cable and I can't get the images to fully load after several tries.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Any thoughts on cost to deliver or ship to Minnesota? (55020) We'll throw a party in your honor if you make the drive!

I'm deep into another project so I don't think I'm going to be able to make the drive to MN to deliver it to you right now. However, I'm checking freight shipping costs to your ZIP code and will let you know what those are once I have them.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 01-14-2014).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5919 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by Raydar:

The images must be huuuuge. Either that or your server or connection is acting up.
I'm on cable and I can't get the images to fully load after several tries.

My web server might be acting up. It has a habit of doing that during peak traffic times. Retry again in a while and see if you can get them to load. If not, shoot me an email at: sp1@gmtuners.com and I'll just directly email you the pics.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darth Fiero

5919 posts
Member since Oct 2002

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

Is this true? I can't remember. I had a Fiero with a 93 TDC in it that developed a cracked cylinder before I got it. I have all the wiring, ECM, exhaust, AC, ect to install it.

This 96-97 LQ1 I'm selling can be used with ANY 1991-97 3.4 DOHC/TDC computer. However, using it with an earlier system may require custom tuning work and some wiring changes to your harness.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:
... Retry again in a while and see if you can get them to load.

I'm at work now. Pics are loading fine. Thanks.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

PM sent.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nobody has come forward with $$$ yet so it is still for sale.
Insky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InskySend a Private Message to InskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump - still for sale
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For those who may be new to the forum, one of the best parts of this swap is that you can use the factory trans and engine mounts. At its core, the 3.4 block is the same as the 2.8 block, so the motor / trans will bolt in place of your tired, ol' 2.8L V6. On my 88 coupe, all I needed was a 88 V6 motor mount bracket and it bolted right up to the cradle. I even used the Isuzu 5 speed, no issues. I had the same year engine in my car, and I wired mine up as a 91 OBD I motor and only had to change out a few sensors/connectors. Made my own harness and had Ryan re-flash the ECM. Motor was a lot of fun. Went from 98 hp to 215 hp. The motor pulls real strong from 6000 to 7200 rpm, and wow does it sound good.

You can look for my old build threads using the search.

Rob
Monolith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonolithSend a Private Message to MonolithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I wasn't poor I'd take it.

Trade you a 4.9 front clip for it, I'll make the drive
Fieromotion

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromotionSend a Private Message to FieromotionEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you call me. Need to ask you couple or many many questions? My race car had early motor now, so you can probably figure out some of the questions. But now has large crack in block.

Thanx
Jesse
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump - STILL FOR SALE
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

bump - STILL FOR SALE

sent you a pm.
PFF
System Bot
dajack761

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dajack761:

sent you a pm.

Replied to your pm.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got all the PMs and replied.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump - still for sale
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump - still for sale
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump - still for sale!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump for a great motor.

If you are considering this, here's another build thread for incentive: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000127.html

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sinister...is Dallas too far?...seriously

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Sinister...is Dallas too far?...seriously

To drive to deliver? Yes.

To ship? No.

PM sent.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2014 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale pending...
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold and Shipped!
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent, congrats on the sale

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock