Started on: 11-18-2013 01:06 AM
Replies: 9 (261 views)
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 05-03-2014 07:46 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok well mine I can't bolt my coil packs down. I'm assuming this is my misfire issue. I believe 2 of my 3 aren't bolted where the 2 posts slide into coil pack. So it's pretty much almost like sitting the packs on the ICM and hoping it fires right :P

so I'm almost betting I need a whole new module or is there a way to fix this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
huh? the coil packs and module should both have bolt holes for 2 bolts per coil one between the 2 pins and one at the other end of the coil... perhaps your mounting plate does not? if that's the case just drill threw the mounting plate and bolt them down. if you need one, send me a PM, I can get you a good deal on a new one.

LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mounting plate has holes.. just believe its stripped. Tossed a spare one on as when I first got motor the stock one was shot... then never thought well duh... coil packs need to be secure and after my last plug job the car runs like crap when trying to give it gas. but coil pack is pretty damn sloppy.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

mounting plate has holes.. just believe its stripped. Tossed a spare one on as when I first got motor the stock one was shot... then never thought well duh... coil packs need to be secure and after my last plug job the car runs like crap when trying to give it gas. but coil pack is pretty damn sloppy.

my 3500 swap I had to 'make' the plate, nuts and bolts, no threaded holes :P
solotwo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

huh? the coil packs and module should both have bolt holes for 2 bolts per coil one between the 2 pins and one at the other end of the coil... perhaps your mounting plate does not? if that's the case just drill threw the mounting plate and bolt them down. if you need one, send me a PM, I can get you a good deal on a new one.

I take it that the pictures are the module? The modules you get a good price on. Are they GM?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 04-30-2014).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I take it that the pictures are the module? The modules you get a good price on. Are they GM?

no, standard motor products. OEM quality.
$160 for the standard brand,
$110 for standard T-series.
PM me if interested.

solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no, standard motor products. OEM quality.
$160 for the standard brand,
$110 for standard T-series.
PM me if interested.

Pricey little buggers.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pricey little buggers.

yep..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151194047194?lpid=82

there is a cheaper one on amazon, id be worried about if its actually standard or whatever... its `very cheap`
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2014 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yep..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/151194047194?lpid=82

there is a cheaper one on amazon, id be worried about if its actually standard or whatever... its `very cheap`

Are you saying the standard brand is less quality?
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you saying the standard brand is less quality?

standard brand is OEM quality, just wondering why the one on amazon for 60 is so cheap...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock