New Goodwrench 3.1 engines for sale by crateenginedepot
Started on: 10-02-2013 03:23 PM
Replies: 36 (2204 views)
Last post by: crateenginedepot on 01-22-2017 03:53 PM
crateenginedepot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still have a few of these Goodwrench "New" 3.1 engines left in stock.
$1295.00 plus shipping

These engines are new and are a direct replacment for the 2.8 that came in the Fiero with the exception of the front cover will need to be swapped out.
We have had Fiero owners use this with great success in the past.

Contact me with any questions and shipping details.

Tom
847-276-8110

[This message has been edited by crateenginedepot (edited 08-13-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroNate

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroNateClick Here to visit FieroNate's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroNateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post your asking price if possible.
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroNate:
Post your asking price if possible.

Originally posted by crateenginedepot:
I have reduced my price to $1095.00 for Fiero owners only.

crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Current price is $1,295.00 plus shipping as there are only a few of these left in inventory. Once they are gone, there will not be any more produced.

[This message has been edited by crateenginedepot (edited 08-13-2016).]

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you sell new 3.4's for?
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
depends on which one.
do you have a particular application in mind?
Luperman

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LupermanSend a Private Message to LupermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have any 3.1 engines for 87 Fiero ?
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do they have the notched crank for the position sensor to use DIS?

[This message has been edited by What about Bob (edited 02-14-2015).]

cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If a Ford owner offers you $1095 for one of these engines, you will turn it down??
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by What about Bob:

Do they have the notched crank for the position sensor to use DIS?

Sorry I don't remember, I do know that this engine is a direct replacmnet for the 2.8 except the front cover will need to be changed.

crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

crateenginedepot

71 posts
Member since Nov 2012

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

If a Ford owner offers you $1095 for one of these engines, you will turn it down??

I need to check stock on Monday, then we can discuss prices.

PM me on Monday if you would.
Thank you
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
he's ignoring your shot at humor cam-a-lot. I'm visiting relatives in Illinois this weekend and I can attest to the lack of humor.
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

he's ignoring your shot at humor cam-a-lot. I'm visiting relatives in Illinois this weekend and I can attest to the lack of humor.

didn't know that was humor, took it as serious. lol
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was relying on his use of the smiley face to indicate it was humor.............. with cam-a-lot you never know though........ J/K to my Canadian friend.
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

Ford owner, GM owner, what ever, as long as the request comes from the Fiero forum I will still honor that price. (while supplies last)

Luperman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LupermanSend a Private Message to LupermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent crateenginedepot

------------------
86 Fiero SE 4.9
86 Fiero GT 2.8

crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luperman:

pm sent crateenginedepot

PM sent

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any 3400 LNJ engines?
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Do you have any 3400 LNJ engines?

Give me a call on Monday, I can look into it for you.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2015 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm me your number
ninjayogi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2016 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ninjayogiSend a Private Message to ninjayogiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have any of these. If so I would be interested.
PFF
System Bot
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ninjayogi:

Do you still have any of these. If so I would be interested.

PM sent

Hidalgo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2016 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These engines are new and are a direct replacment for the 2.8 that came in the Fiero with the exception of the front cover will need to be swapped out.
We have had Fiero owners use this with great success in the past.

Contact me with any questions and shipping details.

Tom
847-276-8110

Aren't these for Isuzu Rodeos and Pickups? If so, then wouldn't a Fiero owner need to drill holes in the block to move the starter to the other side?
Furthermore, wouldn't a Fiero owner need to change the OEM 2.8 injectors with slightly larger ones to work with the larger displacement of the 3.1 without having to reprogram the ECM?
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2016 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

Aren't these for Isuzu Rodeos and Pickups? If so, then wouldn't a Fiero owner need to drill holes in the block to move the starter to the other side?
Furthermore, wouldn't a Fiero owner need to change the OEM 2.8 injectors with slightly larger ones to work with the larger displacement of the 3.1 without having to reprogram the ECM?

Nope, these were used in the GM APV's and do not need any starter modifications. Stock injectors work just fine.

Hidalgo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, I see. In that case, those 3.1s would be an even easier swap than the F-body 3.4s. Nice deal for someone who wants to keep things looking stock under the decklid.
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2016 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah, I see. In that case, those 3.1s would be an even easier swap than the F-body 3.4s. Nice deal for someone who wants to keep things looking stock under the decklid.

Yes, exactly
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

These are the engines that many, including the Fiero Factory, were swapping in, until the Camaro 3.4 came along.
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

These are the engines that many, including the Fiero Factory, were swapping in, until the Camaro 3.4 came along.

I only have 5 left of the 3.1 left.
Can't find any of the 3.4 anymore.

Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2016 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Email sent!

Looking to get one of the 3.1 engines!

Info sent.

Thanks!

Mark
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2016 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indyellowgt:

Email sent!

Looking to get one of the 3.1 engines!

Info sent.

Thanks!

Mark

Reply sent.

crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reply sent.

Only a couple left in stock, current price $ 1295. plus shipping.
Let us know if you have any question.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't this block have the crankshaft sensor port in the right side of the block? If so, it would make it very easy to do a 7730 ECM and digital EGR conversion at the same time.
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Doesn't this block have the crankshaft sensor port in the right side of the block? If so, it would make it very easy to do a 7730 ECM and digital EGR conversion at the same time.

Sorry, I can't confirm that.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2016 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

If you blow up this picture, you can see the undrilled crank sensor pad on the side of the block. The 88 2.8 is done the same way.
That being the case, the crank probably has the timing wheel, but it also probably does not have the notches cut in it for the crank sensor to read. Also the same as the 2.8.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-28-2016).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2016 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. Better to use an external sensor, then.
Luperman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LupermanSend a Private Message to LupermanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can attested to the quality of these engines I bought one a year ago and spent the summer removing parts off the blown 2.8 and mounting them to the new 3.1, the only problem I had was to get a new timing cover if your old one is cracked, other than that the engine started and ran just fine with everything that came of the 2.8. Thanks Tom for the new engine I installed.
Donald
crateenginedepot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2017 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crateenginedepotClick Here to visit crateenginedepot's HomePageSend a Private Message to crateenginedepotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luperman:

I can attested to the quality of these engines I bought one a year ago and spent the summer removing parts off the blown 2.8 and mounting them to the new 3.1, the only problem I had was to get a new timing cover if your old one is cracked, other than that the engine started and ran just fine with everything that came of the 2.8. Thanks Tom for the new engine I installed.
Donald

Thank you for the update.
Sounds like all is good

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock