New leather seat covers on eBay ( not mine) just FYI by fierocarparts
Started on: 09-16-2013 01:55 PM
Replies: 15 (610 views)
Last post by: jediperk on 04-26-2014 08:26 AM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

End time: Sep 18, 2013, 9:40:19 PM CDT

View item:
1984-1988 Pontiac Fiero GENUINE LEATHER SEATS COVER
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like he has sold quite a few... Anyone here use these yet?
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did.....It was a little bit of a cluster Fu@k dealing with this seller. The item took a long time to be shipped/delivered and when it arrived, the seat covers were the wrong color AND two different materials ! I contacted the seller, they said they would make good on it and I waited another THREE WEEKS for the replacement cover. When it arrived, it was wrong AGAIN ! The seller replied to my request with an offer to refund me $20.00. Really! On a set of covers that cost $350 dollars with shipping.....that you can't seem to get right!

Not only did he never respond to my request for a corrected cover, he also never sent me the freakin $20 refund. I do not recommend that seller at all....they are terrible.
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you open a paypal dispute
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing beats the fit and quality of www.mrmikes.com
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Nothing beats the fit and quality of www.mrmikes.com

Yes I'm aware Mr Mike is the man but I hadda ask, 250 compaired to 700+ is worth asking. In this case it seems Mr Mike is still the undisputed champ.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is his feedback on eBay?
99.5%+ with almost 600 transactions.
2 negatives. 1-2013, 1-2012.
I'd say not bad.

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 09-16-2013).]

Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
unfortunately.....I didn't check the feed back before I ordered the seat covers. And now I'm stuck with them. I have a local upholsterer in the area that said he can work with them and install them. But he wants 200.00 pers seat to alter them for me.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
His feedback is actually good
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a set of these if you dont know how to put the material on a seat and have done it a ton of times this deal is not for you. you will need to make some foam inserts and make some stitching where the bars go in to ensure good placement of the material. took me about 6 hours a seat to get them to look descent. good leather material though.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are correct, these are not for me.
PFF
System Bot
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a set of these in a box in my garage. i luved them. would still be using them but i changed the seats to a more comfy civic seat. if your interested in them let me know im sure we can work something out.
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few things about these seat covers: I have a set I bought for another car:

1. they are made in China and ship directly from there (Auction will say Texas however it's a lie)
2. The colors do not match the swatches at all. "medium grey" will arrive as beige. Nowhere near the right color
3. The seller has multiple ebay usernames. When one gets lots of negatives, he switches to another. If you watch these seats over a year or two you'll see multiple usernames for a period of time..
4. The leather is thick (much thicker the Mr. Mikes). The problem with it is in the Summer sun it fades and hardens (even after being conditioned). My black seat horizontal surfaced turned grey and chalky after about 3 months of use in Summer- and is physically kinda rough/hard in those areas
5. They don't install 100 percent like OEM. I had mine installed by a shop that said the leather was "dry"
6. I had a set of Mr. Mikes and they were just beautiful- and the leather was completely different- much softer.

7. All that being said, for the price, they aren't bad. You do get what you pay for- As long as you know what you know what to expect. Personally, I'd probably buy the Mr. Mikes vinyl ones, or his leather over these though. I don't like how mine faded and hardened in the sun (even when treated with Lexol). But.. for a bit over $300 they do look really nice when you first install them.

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont use lexol on my seats i use a product called pb-2 and it has never hardened the leather on my chinese leather seats.
Carl Calderone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a quick follow up for anyone that stumbles across this thread while researching the topic of Seat Covers...

All the remarks that "smartaxel" had posted are true. I had my local installer tell me similar things about leather covers I purchased. He said the leather quality was very poor and that it wouldn't stretch well over the foam structure of the seats, and as a result, he was forced to supplement the voids with additional padding in places you wouldn't expect to have to. I have my car in the garage almost all the time so I haven't had a fading issue as of yet. Fingers crossed....

And again....would not buy from this seller ever again, nor would I recommend him to anyone else. LOL! And still never sent me the refund he promised.
jediperk

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking at these covers a couple of months ago. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on them after reading this thread. PFF saves the day (and $$$) once again!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock