Started on: 08-05-2013 06:32 AM
Replies: 49 (4864 views)
Last post by: Oreif on 04-05-2014 05:07 PM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thinking of starting another project. With my one son getting interested in cars (he's 15 now) I was thinking of a Father/Son project.
To start it off I would need to sell my 1986 Fiero SE with a V-8. (start up funds and room in the garage)

Here are the specs:
Mechanical:
1986 Fiero SE with around 87K miles on the frame and under 5000 miles on drivetrain and suspension.
Chevy ZZ4 350 V-8 Crate engine rated at 355 hp. (bought brand new) Car was dyno'd after engine was installed and it was 309 hp at the wheels. Car has run 12.3 in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 is just under 4 seconds. V-8 swap was done in fall of 2004 and has had no problems.
Has Sanderson Block hugger headers, Edelbrock 4-bbl carb.
Muncie M19 4-spd with SPEC 3+ clutch
Suspension has poly bushings, Eibach springs, and KYB struts/Shocks
Has a Big Brake kit that uses 11.25" vented rotors
For cooling the radiator was upgraded to a 4-core unit, CSI Electric waterpump, there is a B&M oil cooler in the driver side scoop, and the electric fan temp sensor is set for 180*. Car runs very cool.
Battery relocated to the front of the car.

Exterior:
Fiero Warehouse Side 1/4 scoops. Driver side for oil cooler Passenger side for air flow into engine bay. Front hood is a Warber vented, and the 80's style 5X7 headlights have been replaced with 90mm round lights. Rear decklid has a early Trans Am scoop grafted onto the decklid for the air cleaner and an IMSA wrap around spoiler. Roof, Doors, and rear bumper are original factory paint. There are some minor flaws/scuffs on the original painted areas. Cradle and many suspension parts have been powder-coated.

Interior:
Custom 500W stereo system with 8" sub and surround sound processor.
Has Pioneer AM/FM/CD head unit and amplifiers with polk audio speakers, rockford fosgate sub and Audio Control sound processor.
Mr. Mikes Leather seats, and turned aluminum look dash panels (look similar to the dash of the 1970's Trans Am's) Short throw shifter.

Car:
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE with sunroof. Original car had AC and Cruise control. These were removed during the V-8 conversion. Has Power windows, Power Mirrors, and rear window defog. Equipped with an alarm system and keyless entry.

Has won many trophies over the years.

The only things that need attention is the driver side window dew wipe needs to be replaced. I have the part. (Already replaced the passenger side and was planning on doing the driver side this winter), the minor scuffs noted above on the panels that still have factory paint, and the struts for the rear decklid need to be replaced as they do not hold the decklid up anymore.

Extras:
I have a 3 spoke Fiero GT steering wheel and both the factory and Helms shop manuals.

I am looking to sell it for $12,500 .

Pictures can be seen here: http://www.fquick.com/garag...iac/Fiero/1986/29429

Located in Schaumburg IL
Thanks for looking.
EDIT: Motivated seller, Make an offer!.

NIFE Activity Director.
ZZ4 Powered !!

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 03-16-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just in Schaumburg for work training. I've always loved your car. Good luck with the sale and have fun with the father/son project.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2013 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Very nicely done swap and great looking car.

good luck with the sale
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The price is not firm. Accepting offers.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump fpr the weekend.

------------------

NIFE Activity Director.
ZZ4 Powered !!

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oreif

16460 posts
Member since Jan 2000

Originally posted by Oreif:

Bump fpr the weekend.

I mean "for" LOL
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price lowered to $12,500

------------------

NIFE Activity Director.
ZZ4 Powered !!

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 03-16-2014).]

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have seen this car numerous times. It is a quality install in an exceptionally nice car. Take it to any cruise night for instant interest to everyone at the cruise!!!

------------------

My Web Site
www.paulvargyas.com
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 05:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oreif

16460 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Lowered price for holiday weekend!
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Auction Ends tomorrow!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is why I will never sell my car. It just isn't appreciated. Mustang and Camaro owners will always have a high retail value of something built, etc. Your car is really nice man! Good luck with the sale either way. Just makes me depressed to see something like your car going for so low. Your car is worth $20k in my eyes, but that's because I appreciate the car, and all the work in it.

-Amir

------------------

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

This is why I will never sell my car. It just isn't appreciated. Mustang and Camaro owners will always have a high retail value of something built, etc. Your car is really nice man! Good luck with the sale either way. Just makes me depressed to see something like your car going for so low. Your car is worth $20k in my eyes, but that's because I appreciate the car, and all the work in it.

-Amir

THANKS!

Did not sell on Ebay so I put it up on Craigs List
http://chicago.craigslist.o.../cto/4056885989.html
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car Oreif.

h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Appraised at $25K selling for almost HALF that! You couldn't even come close to building this car for Dave's price!
This car is beautiful!! and sounds even better! I hope some day my wide body can look even close to this car.
Good luck with the sale!
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Accepting offers.
Email me at davezz4 at yahoo.com
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for your beautiful car!
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fall Special!
$12,500!
On craigslist at: http://chicago.craigslist.o.../cto/4127634442.html

------------------

NIFE Activity Director.
ZZ4 Powered !!

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying Ebay again.
If it doesn't sell, I will store it for the winter and try again in the spring.
If someone out of town wants it, I can store it until you are ready to pick it up as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...84&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

------------------

NIFE Activity Director.
ZZ4 Powered !!

frontal lobe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi. Hope you are doing well!

I'm not in the market. Sorry. But did want to say that is a beautiful car and is awesome.

Best wishes in getting a decent price for it.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it's a new year and the holidays are now past us.
The car is still for sale. So if you want a Fiero that needs nothing, here is your chance to get one.

------------------

NIFE Activity Director.
ZZ4 Powered !!

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A work of art
If I didn't buy a Monte Carlo SS I would be all over this

Good luck
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is on Craigs List: http://chicago.craigslist.o.../cto/4280415825.html

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-09-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
420ponies

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 420poniesSend a Private Message to 420poniesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is why I'm on this website.To me that is one Nice Ride! And to see $5,800 bid on it thru E-bay,makes me sick I tell ya. This is what inspires me to build my Fiero ('88 Fiero 3.4 DOHC). I have given the pictures to my wife ,she may decide to scrap my plans and just get this one! We'll see. will PM you on it.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just sold a modded Northstar ($3k on drivetrain) for $5k to buy CommanderKeen's Fiero w/ the same set-up. Yours is very nice! I glanced at the Ebay auction, and didn't see a "reserve not met". Did it actually sell for $5800? The quality/rare Fiero prices have seemed to drop in a crazy way.

Greg

------------------

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I just sold a modded Northstar ($3k on drivetrain) for $5k to buy CommanderKeen's Fiero w/ the same set-up. Yours is very nice! I glanced at the Ebay auction, and didn't see a "reserve not met". Did it actually sell for $5800? The quality/rare Fiero prices have seemed to drop in a crazy way.

Greg

No it did not sell for $5800. That is as high as the bidding went. I had the reserve at $12500. If you look at the ad in the "Completed Auction" list the final bid is in red meaning it did not meet reserve. It is still for sale and listed at $12500 on craigs list and cars.com.
I really did not think it would sell in the fall/winter as it is a slow time to sell a custom car. I have the 2 ad's above being active because they are free to list. If it does not sell by mid march, I will try ebay again and list it on Hemmings and trader-online.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-18-2014).]

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for February.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mid month bump
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring is coming. I have it listed on Craig's list and on Cars.com
Make an offer!

------------------

NIFE Activity Director.
ZZ4 Powered !!

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock