Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Interested in a trade? My MSD DIS4 with adapter mounts for coils for an MSD 6AL

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Interested in a trade? My MSD DIS4 with adapter mounts for coils for an MSD 6AL by Inferno
Started on: 07-26-2013 12:36 AM
Replies: 14 (396 views)
Last post by: PaulJK on 04-26-2014 11:46 PM
Inferno

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is in need of an MSD DIS4 w/adapters for coils, I would be willing to trade for an MSD 6AL.

Pics added

Cheers
BULL

[This message has been edited by Inferno (edited 04-10-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
done (as long as it works with the coils on a 3800SC) - PM sent

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 07-26-2013).]

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Paul changes mind I will make that trade....

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2013 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was bought for my old 3800SC L67 GTP. All you will need to do is follow the instructions on the hook up and install the coils. As I never got them from the guy that sold me the set, so you will need to buy longer coil bolts thats it and mount the system.

Just look up MSD DIS4 on the msd site forums and there is a bunch of information there. I would use this on my 2.8 but it does not work with distributor system.

I will take pics this weekend and post them up.

Cheers
BULL
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
actually, if you just wanna send me the pics, i can see if it fits and send you the box monday.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well, this didn't happen .....
fierofighter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2013 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofighterSend a Private Message to fierofighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm running the msd set up on my car. Despite posts to the contrary, I found a huge difference after installing the FULL kit. Box, coils, adapters. I also installed a new gm base plate as they start to have issues with age. Make sure to purchase compatable wires and plugs(gap .40-.45 as per msd).
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofighter:

... found a huge difference ...

In gas mileage ? idle smoother ? ??

Originally posted by fierofighter:

I also installed a new gm base plate ..

what is the gm base plate - an msd part ?
fierofighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofighterSend a Private Message to fierofighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The base plate is the oem ignition control(the thing the wire harness attaches to under the coils.) The msd adapters go between this part and the msd coils to independently control timing/ ignition.

I did a full ignition swap(had new wires/plugs but changed them again to match the msd parts and eliminate any potential issues)

I noticed an improved idle, better acceleration, less throttle lag(bogging). As for mileage, I really couldn't say. I have an slight issue when driving my toy. The go pedal only has two positions, On an off.

For part #'s I'd have to check.

Again this is only my opinion but a tech I spoke to at msd runs the same system in his 3.8sc Fiero.
fierofighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofighterSend a Private Message to fierofighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierofighter

7 posts
Member since Feb 2012
Just a side note, the gm base plate had served duty on a total of 4 motors and was subjected to Canadian winters/salt. As my motor/tranny were new outta the crate, I decided not to change any related parts while dropping in my cars 3rd 3.8. first 2 were higher milage and threw mains. If yours is free of corrosion and clean there should be no reason to change it. It was quite expensive if I remember correctly.
Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for those that were interested in the trade. Shortly after posting this, I was severely injured while in combat training and I am now just getting back to be able to walk and run again.

So for those that were interested if you are still interested send me a message and if no response from you I will trade with whom ever is next and interested.

Cheers.
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yep, still interested. PM sent.

Can anyone confirm that this will work on a series 2, 3800SC ?
Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never got the pics from the interested party so, it is still available if anyone else is interested.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will send you pics today.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
check your PMs for pics

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay