Started on: 04-26-2013 12:08 AM
Replies: 35 (1141 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 10-01-2015 01:25 AM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In another thread I offered folks free trip odometers because I have a box full of speedometer parts...

Well the demand exceeded my expectations, so here is the deal...

for $10 shipping and handling I will send you a free* trip odometer if that's what you need.

Representative of what I stated with:

EDIT - my inventory is changing by the minute so send me a PM what you need and I'll tell you if I have it.

In addition to trip odometers, I also have

* front lit speedometers
* back lit speedometers
* front lit tachometers
*back lit tachometers
* front lit fuel/temp gauges (old style lettering)
* front lit fuel/temp gauges (new style lettering)
* back lit fuel/temp gauges [SOLD OUT]
* GT style odometers
* 4 Cyl odometers

Demand for back lit tachs and fuel temp gauges have been huge.

$15 shipped for backlit per each item.

$10 per each front lit item.

Discounts for multiple items.

PM me for current inventory

Very few (if any) of my speedos or tachs come with electronics boards so this is not an upgrade path, only replacements for broken parts or whatever else you want to do with them.

by the way the Fiero store wants $150 each for fuel/ temp gauges so if your temp gauge is broken from getting pegged here is a deal.

I have no use for this stuff, but I don't have all day to be packing and shipping free stuff, so first come first served.

Max one set per customer.

(on the other hand if you have a strong desire to wallpaper your garage with Fiero gauges I will sell the whole lot to you.)

In either case, PM me to order and I'll give you my paypal address.

Demand for GT/backlit items has been huge.

I am down to my last GT style odometer and might be able to scrape up one more backlit fuel/temp gauge. $15 each shipped to US 48 states. PM me for details.

Lots of front lit items left. $10 each shipped to US 48 states.

New items for sale...

* Bezels

3 gray
3 silver

$15 each shipped to US 48 states

* Orange reflective metal faceplate.

This is what gives the gauges the orange glow. If you want to experiment with changing the color this is how you do it.

The front lit and back lit are identical except the backlit have a rubber ring around the gauges.

Most don't have the warning light transparencies, but the first people to order will get them, (useful if you want to experiment with your own warning messages).

* front lit $10 each shipped to US 48 states

* back lit $15 each shipped to the US 48 states.

PM me for inventory and to order.

THANKS!!

- Jonathan

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-01-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
4 - 86-88 GT tachs
Very few of the speedos or tachs come with electronics boards so this is not an upgrade path, only replacements for broken parts or whatever else you want to do with them.

I think I see an 88 GT one that does. I guess there is no easy way to tell if it works. Set it aside for me please. I may be in Houston in a week or so.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could use a temp gauge for my Formula, I guess that would be the backlit one?? Is there a way to test it? Or, if not how much for 2? Figure the odds of both being bad is slim or at the least I’ll have 2 chances while the dash is apart.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I think I see an 88 GT one that does. I guess there is no easy way to tell if it works. Set it aside for me please. I may be in Houston in a week or so.

There are some weird combinations I didn't know existed like a backlit 85 mph speedometer. Or the 85 GT has a front lit that looks like a backlit but it's not.

In either case I took that picture premature before I removed the circuit boards from all the speedometers, (picture has been updated).

I left on some of the tach boards just because my fingers got tired of twisting all the little screws and I have plenty of tach boards already. The speed buffer is the whole reason I have so many in the first place.

In other words if you still need just the mechanism I'll hold onto one for you.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-26-2013).]

tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh oh pick me pick me.......
You have a PM

------------------
Put the blow torch down please, its just a Fiero.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tntcary:

oh oh pick me pick me.......
You have a PM

PM replied.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are some weird combinations I didn't know existed like a backlit 85 mph speedometer. Or the 85 GT has a front lit that looks like a backlit but it's not.

Interesting. I thought all the light's plug/sockets went in the back. Which they do i guess. How does one tell the difference ?

In other words if you still need just the mechanism I'll hold onto one for you.

That would be the air motor ? Attached to the needle and face plate ? I have two of those.
I might need to consult my Ouija Board.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True all the bulbs go in from the back, but the so-called backlit ones have transparent numerals and hashmarks that are lit from behind through a clear piece of plastic. The so-called front lit are lit from what little light is reflected onto the front of the face, (which isn't much) and they are much dimmer as a result.

All 86-88 GTs have front lit. All 4 cylinder have front lit. But as I pointed out there are some weird hybrids out there that I think were in 85 GTs or maybe 86 SEs that are 85 mph backlit or front lit but with the more modern looking numbers.

Top one is back lit... they have a flat face with a rubber ring around it.
Bottom one is front-lit, they will have a bowl like smooth surface.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-27-2013).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is the deal:

All Duke powered Fiero's= Front lit, 85MPH, old style lettering

85 V6=Front lit, 85MPH, new style lettering. Had Oil pressure gauge in Tach like 85+ Dukes do.

86 V6's except GT(early Vin numbers)=Back-lit, 85MPH, new style lettering. Oil pressure gauge is now seperate.

86+ GT AND later vin number SE V6=Back-lit, 120MPH, new style lettering

87-88 V6 Fiero's same as 86+ GT

FYI:The 86 SE changed over to the 120MPH verison when the 86 GT was released mid-model year.

How I remember this crap...no idea.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 04-27-2013).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured.

I didn't even know the backlit 85 mph existed. I figured it was some kind of transition from the front lit with the modern lettering to the backlit 120 mph.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another easy way to know which is which is the needle design. The more fancy needles with the black center caps are back-lit, and all the ones with the old basic solid orange needles are front lit.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Demand for GT/backlit items has been huge.

See first post for new items for sale

THANKS!!

- Jonathan

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 04-29-2013).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Letter me know if you need a free trip odometer....still have a box full of them.
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM replied
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jscott1. My Temp/Fuel gauge is the one with all the lines not the one with just the 1/4 marks.

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 04-30-2013).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012
Paypal sent for the Fuel/Temp gauge ...Thank You.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple more front lit fuel/temp gauges with the new style lettering (85GT, early 86 GT)

But the backlit fuel/temp is SOLD OUT.

Sorry.

Jonathan
tntcary

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tntcarySend a Private Message to tntcaryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back lit temp/fuel gauge received and its BOSS man. Thanks!

------------------
Put the blow torch down please, its just a Fiero.

UK86GT4.9

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UK86GT4.9Send a Private Message to UK86GT4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gauges arrived safe and fast. Thanks
indyguy888

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indyguy888Send a Private Message to indyguy888Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my odometer in. Thanks

PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got mine yesterday, thanks! + for you.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jscott1.....I just got my Fuel/Temp gauge in the mail..Thanks again.
deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Replaced wonky oil pressure gauge with voltmeter. Thanks.

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2013 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by deceler8:

Replaced wonky oil pressure gauge with voltmeter. Thanks.

Glad that's working for you...
the99camaro

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2013 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the99camaroSend a Private Message to the99camaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got my odometer yesterday looks great and a more than fair price thank you JScott1
PePe-LePu_For_2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jscott1,
PM sent.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: I am sold out of GT/Backlit hardware.

Lots of front lit stuff left.
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jscott1,

Just wanted to say thanks for the odometer you sent me. I had actually asked for one in a different post.
pcar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tach and odometer came today, looks good. Thanks

Eric
87RedRum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87RedRumSend a Private Message to 87RedRumEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is old, but any chance you still have some trip-ometers still you can ship?
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need an 85 gt odometer ( not trip odometer)

------------------
Louis Duet Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"I spread my wings, I try to fly. I believed in myself when there was nothing right. I know I'm dust and oh, we are sand. But we give of ourselves, as best as we can."
-G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT 3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12, VIN #5835, Stock PRV engine, Peugot 604 Intake manifold, Exhaust headers, Anti-3rd brake light

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woowww what a stock pile .... I have a 120 MPH that I would trade for a 180 KPH for my 88

**free bump for you**

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

Scott574

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott574Send a Private Message to Scott574Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our Little Duke Coupe 88 courtesy car could use a good trip odometer. I believe the motor is shot in this one. The fuel gauge doesn't work and I'm afraid a member will run out of gas, not knowing how many miles they've driven.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Appreciate the interest...but this thread is over 2 years old. I may still have some of this stuff, but I sold a bunch and tossed a lot of it in the trash. Let me see if I have anything left.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock