FI-AIR-O REAR DECKLID SCOOP WANTED!! by fieroaddicted
Started on: 02-05-2013 04:48 PM
Replies: 11 (449 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 08-14-2014 08:21 AM
fieroaddicted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a drivers side air scoop the same as what comes on the 84 fiero pace car. I would take both sides, but really only want the left side. I want to use one as a cold air intake setup for my 3800 s/c swap. Please let me know it you have anything. Thanks, Troy
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero_fighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_fighterSend a Private Message to Fiero_fighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They're made by a guy in Windsor? Ontario. I'll get the info for you, I have a catalog around here.
Fiero_fighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_fighterSend a Private Message to Fiero_fighterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero_fighter

6 posts
Member since Oct 2011
Jimmy's automotive
Windsor
519-972-6403
Fieroconversions@aol.com
Or .com for the site
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To my knowlege the scoop was not on either side it was only one directly in the middle. You apparently may be confused, they do make over the roof scoops but they were not on the Indy Pace car.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom
President of Maryland Fiero Owners Club MFOC
NYFOC Member

fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

To my knowlege the scoop was not on either side it was only one directly in the middle. You apparently may be confused, they do make over the roof scoops but they were not on the Indy Pace car.

being confused is a possibility. lol All I know is i seen them on a car which i was thinking was the pace car.. my bad i guess

fieroaddicted

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2013 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fieroaddicted

662 posts
Member since Dec 2012

Originally posted by Fiero_fighter:

Jimmy's automotive
Windsor
519-972-6403
Fieroconversions@aol.com
Or .com for the site

Thanks fiero fighter!
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroaddicted:

being confused is a possibility. lol All I know is i seen them on a car which i was thinking was the pace car.. my bad i guess

It's probably the picture of my Indy causing the confusion.
I think they look and work better than the "correct" scoop.

My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-12-2014).]

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jimmys is getting out of the fiero business (so they say), so a lot of stuff is going on the cheap. get them while they are still around.
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a question for those that know, are these scoops actually helpful on 85-88 Fieros? I can see why they'd be wanted on the 84's since your replacing the solid side deck plates with these scoops still allowing air to flow up through the center vent but if you replaced the side vents of an 85-88 with these scoops wouldn't you be countering the air coming out the vents 1. possibly causing an heat issue and 2. adding drag since there is no air pressure/flow to the back of the notch back. Just a question because these are cool looking just don't know if they'd be helpful on an 85-88.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This question has been discussed a bunch of times already. Consensus seems to be that they add no value, since air is supposed to come in from underneath the car and rise through the vents. These snorkel thingies look cool to some (to each their own), but don't apparently add any functional value according to most of the threads on this topic
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_fighter:

Jimmy's automotive
Windsor
519-972-6403
Fieroconversions@aol.com
Or .com for the site

They no longer make them, they sold the molds. Wonder who has them now?
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2014 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

... These snorkel thingies look cool to some (to each their own), but don't apparently add any functional value according to most of the threads on this topic

Yeah - if you just bolt them to the panels.

It depends what you do with them. Mine are functional on the Indy (otherwise I wouldn't have them).
The driver's side feeds directly into an open top air cleaner, the other puts more air into the engine bay.
Any EXTRA air into that hot engine bay can't be bad (84's have center vent on decklid).

They sure catch people's attention at the Show n Shines.

My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-14-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock