Started on: 10-23-2012 12:31 AM
Replies: 22 (3528 views)
Last post by: CocoFiero on 08-01-2015 09:01 AM
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bluetooth ALDL module

Connects to either 160 Baud Pin E (Stock 2.8 and 84-86 2.5) or 8192 Baud Pin M (7730, 4.9, S1 3800, OBD1 3400/3400 DOHC)

$75 plus shipping

http://www.reddevilriver.com/ALDL_Bluetooth.html

FAQs -

When the paired device bluetooth signal is connected it will put the ECM in ALDL mode

This module is not compatible with 87 & 88 4 cylinder 2.5 engines

Shipping will be delayed until NOV 10, 2012

Shipments might be also delayed for later orders depending on demand

------
edit

For people who really want to use WinALDL, I can program the chip to have an output of 4800.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 10-23-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for one!
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know I am all in...............

DARKWING
Mike Parker
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOOHOO finally and OBD1 blue tooth reader. I got the OBDII for my other cars already, just need someone to write a program to read it with Andriod software now.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT

This is a great product, no cable hooked to your ALDL module. Read whats going on real time.

Mike Parker
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now available for immediate shipment
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PayPal sent. Can't wait to link to TunerPro RT. See the 4.9L operating in real time and all the sensors.

Thanks for a great product.

DARKWING
Mike Parker
Randy93552

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy93552Send a Private Message to Randy93552Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Bluetooth ALDL module

When the paired device bluetooth signal is connected it will put the ECM in ALDL mode

^^^^ What does that mean? Will I be able to look at it live? While driving?

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TunerPro RT allows you to see the inputs and outputs of the ECM in real time on your laptop. You can also save and play back the data.

By default TunerPro RT gives the output in numeric format.

You can also if you wish use TunerPro RT and make a dash to show whatever elements you wish.

TunerPro RT is downloadable at http://tunerpro.net Tunerpro RT is free to download and runs with a 10 second nag screen. If you wish you can purchase a TunerPro license and avoid the 10 second nag screen.

Along with TunerPro RT, you need some way to connect to the ALDL port of your car. I make an ALDL to USB cable - http://reddevilriver.com/aldl.html

Due to demand I now also make this bluetooth version to connect to the ALDL port of your car. You need a laptop that supports bluetooth to do this. Once connected by bluetooth, the cable works just like the wired version.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In stock again bump

Design note - There are now two LEDs on the device. One (red or green) for power and one (blue) to show the paired bluetooth connection.

Also - The cable is designed to be powered by either ALDL Pins G or L. G is the fuel pump test port, so that allows it to be powered anytime the engine is running. If you wish to have it powered anytime the key is on, a wire with the correct terminal is included for you to add to your cars ALDL pin L position. Yes, the two power inputs are isolated to prevent back feeding of power from one to the other.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 12-01-2012).]

fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump and

Is there interest on an Android app to allow you to scan your ECM using this Bluetooth adapter on your android device?

Projected price is $24.99

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 12-18-2012).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would have an interest,

Do you know if this bluetooth adapter would be compatible with a '7165 ECU? (MAF controlled L98 TPI cars
hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would be interisted in an app for the iphone, i don't do android.

Hywel
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Bluetooth adapter is compatible with any OBD1 device that transmits on pin E or pin M. That is about 95% of the OBD1 that is out there.

It is my intention to have the android app work on 95% of the OBD1 ECMs out there also, but that will take time.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in, send us the link. Especially if it allows to "sniff" data while the [b]car is running normally[/b (i.e.: timing advance still works, not in diagnostic mode)

phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ECM's programming dictates what mode it needs to be in to spit out the ALDL data. Here is a discussion of what happens with the stock Fiero ECM when it is in diagnostic mode.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/126692.html

1227730 / 4/9 / 3800 OBD1 PCMs spit out the data without having to change their operating mode.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So with a 4.9 I can leave it connected and the ECM does not have to be in diagnostic mode? That sounds promising.
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most, but not all 8192 pin M ECMs send data by the scanner sending a 'data request' on the data line and the ECM spitting back the information. The 7730, 3.8 OBD1, and 4.9 ECMs operate this way.

For these ECMs no 10K resistor is needed on pins A - B to 'put the ECM in ALDL mode". Note also that ALDL mode is not the same as the diagnostic mode that is activated by shorting pin A - B.

Many late OBD1 ECMs drop the wire in pin B all together. Any 94 - 95 vehicle that is OBD1, but was equipped with the 16 pin OBD2 type connector doesn't have a "Pin B".

So correct your 4.9 will not be in either ALDL mode or diagnostic mode.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I have not read the entire thread, but do you have one of these ready to ship out? Reason I ask is I am in Oregon for the next 2 weeks, then back to Canada for an unknown time. I am going to need one for use with my 88GT to do some troubleshooting and will it for my 4.9 when I get back to driving it.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was be awesome to have an android app to go with one of these. Have the bluetooth adapter always on with the key, buy a cheaper tablet, mount it in the dash and have any realtime data you want displayed. Sounds amazing to me.

You can do this easily with an obd2 car and the app "torque" but it would be awesome for obd1 too. I would gladly pay for the bluetooth/app combo and may just get the bluetooth cable simply because it would be easier than taking out the console. Great Product
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALDLroid app now available on the Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/sto...roux.aldldroid&hl=en

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 12-06-2013).]

CocoFiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CocoFieroSend a Private Message to CocoFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Phonedawgz,

Is the data transfer rate from the OBD1 ECM to the laptop or Android phone the same whether you use a USB to ALDL cable, or the bluetooth to ALDL? ie. is the ECM the slowest link in the chain?

Thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock