Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Bolt-on Vertical Door Hinges....Group Buy (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Bolt-on Vertical Door Hinges....Group Buy by Archie
Started on: 08-16-2012 12:56 PM
Replies: 60 (2914 views)
Last post by: quins&dads88 on 05-23-2014 12:38 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I received my hinges today. The look great, look like first class quality, and I can hardly wait to get them on the car.

More to follow

BTW, these hinges are STOUT!

Can't wait to see these on your car !

Glad you went with the best in the end.

IP: Logged
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine arrived today. Now which Fiero do I put them on...?
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero is going to the shop next week Thursday to have them installed. Then to a body shop for new paint... but I am still looking for the right body shop.

Originally posted by exoticse:

Can't wait to see these on your car !

Glad you went with the best in the end.

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can someone do a tutorial on the install for us? Maybe if we truly knew what it takes the order number would go up. I know I would get some if the install wasn't too tough.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are a real bolt on affair. The fender and door panels have to be removed to complete the project, and if not so consumed at my job, I'd take this on myself. However I work pretty long hours, and just do not have the time to tinker with the Fiero as I used to have. I try to spend time with family when not at work instead of in the garage under the Fiero.

There is another Fiero owner local to me with a auto repair shop that does VDI hinges on all sorts of cars, and I am taking my car to him for the mod.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 1 set of these hinges left if someone wants me to send them out to them Monday.

Archie
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Inquiry PM sent.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2012 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dropped mine off at the shop to get them installed - the pic below just a teaser pics that the installer sent to me. More to follow next week.

I am more than pleased with the quality and workmanship that went into making these hinges.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pictures please.

Archie

I dropped mine off at the shop to get them installed - the pic below just a teaser pics that the installer sent to me. More to follow next week.

I am more than pleased with the quality and workmanship that went into making these hinges.

topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had full intentions of cleaning the car, and taking pics today, but work calls, and I am at work today. Perhaps tomorrow. I picked the car up earlier this week, and boy, these hinges are solid. The installer is a Fiero fanatic, and has several Fieros and a couple of Fiero projects, so he knows his way around Fieros... in fact he has had Vertical doors on one his Fiero for years - back when others were still hoping that someone would make a hinge that would work, Joe had hinges on his Fiero.

The door can be lowered from vertical with little effort, and raises just as easy. I can still get in and out of the car without swinging the door up... I simply open the door and have enough room to exit should I decide not to swing the door up. The door has no flex at all. Like I said, these are SOLID.

I will get pics up tomorrow afternoon - weather willing.

Originally posted by Archie:

More pictures please.

Archie

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM SENT
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had full intentions of cleaning the car, and taking pics today, but work calls, and I am at work today. Perhaps tomorrow. I picked the car up earlier this week, and boy, these hinges are solid. The installer is a Fiero fanatic, and has several Fieros and a couple of Fiero projects, so he knows his way around Fieros... in fact he has had Vertical doors on one his Fiero for years - back when others were still hoping that someone would make a hinge that would work, Joe had hinges on his Fiero.

The door can be lowered from vertical with little effort, and raises just as easy. I can still get in and out of the car without swinging the door up... I simply open the door and have enough room to exit should I decide not to swing the door up. The door has no flex at all. Like I said, these are SOLID.

I will get pics up tomorrow afternoon - weather willing.

Very nice ! Congratulations.

Would you say these are night and day over the previous ones you had ?

Quality is quality, sometimes paying a little more is defiantly worth it.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without a doubt these are night and day in comparison to the previous set that I had. When I say the doors close, lowers and raises with ease, the comparison is against the previous set. And you are on point, paying a little more sometimes is worth it. In this case, that is my experience.

Originally posted by exoticse:

Very nice ! Congratulations.

Would you say these are night and day over the previous ones you had ?

Quality is quality, sometimes paying a little more is defiantly worth it.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
topcat you coming to Daytona next year ?
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really hope to make it. I have a daughter in her senior year of college in Japan as an exchange student. The wife and I will more than likely make a trip to visit with her in March, so the timelines might cross. I also am looking for a painter. I want to get the Fiero painted (new color scheme), but I can not find anyone local that I can trust to do the job.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Bump........

If anyone is interested.

I have one set of these hinges left.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2013 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One set of these hinges left.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Get them before I pack them up & move.

$950.00 plus shipping.

Archie
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Get them before I pack them up & move.

$950.00 plus shipping.

Archie

I'll take them. Pm sent.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got your PM & returned a PM.

Thanks

Archie

Originally posted by WickedFieroGTP:

I'll take them. Pm sent.

quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did those hinges sell ?
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave