Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: Bigger Brake Booster ($100 brake upgrade) (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: Bigger Brake Booster ($100 brake upgrade) by sardonyx247
Started on: 01-30-2012 06:02 AM
Replies: 425 (22505 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 07-28-2021 02:10 PM
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Page 7

Info and Pricing is current on page #1 post #1

Yes I am still making them

[This message has been edited by sardonyx247 (edited 05-10-2014).]

IP: Logged
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent, very interested.
My brakes feel like they don't do much to stop the car and Im all stock.
------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
Where driving hard is SOP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. That is until I can find a 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
The "DuetLorean"
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Carbed and loving it! (Peugot 604 manifold) ---"Sorry purists"

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 05-12-2014).]

Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lou and Blue

1349 posts
Member since Dec 2013
Pm sent asking if the bigger booster interferes with storing the sunroof panel under the front hood.
Thank you
Louis

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. That is until I can find a 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The "DuetLorean"
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

Pm sent asking if the bigger booster interferes with storing the sunroof panel under the front hood.
Thank you
Louis

The sunroof fits just fine with the bigger booster.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent via PayPal!
Thank you!

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The "DuetLorean"
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs replied.
3.4Turbo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.4TurboSend a Private Message to 3.4TurboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
David,
I installed the booster on my newest 88 formula with stock brakes this weekend. My two 88 GT's both have the C4 vette rotor upgrades and this is the first time I installed your booster on a stock system. I am impressed that the booster upgrade works this well with the stock brake rotors and calipers. Nice work! The ghetto lowe's box will back on the rebound to you tomorrow. LOL! John Ivanoff
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2014 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 04:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
and another 2 shipped out
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you worried at all that one day someone that installs this larger brake booster might get into an accident and sue you?

Rodney
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No,
1. I have a disclaimer, see post #1
2. There is nothing to sue me for, I am not wealthly by any means.

Actually, I know of a few accedents avioded by having a better brakes.
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I disassemble both boosters, remove the Fiero pushrod and install it into the bigger booster.

Why don't you just have some banjos made so everyone don't have to ship their large heavy booster to you just so you can take out the banjo? Would save everyone a lot of hassle in them having to box up their booster and ship it to you. Save your customers a lot of down time also. You could have them in stock and ready for immediate shipping. No down time waiting.

Rodney
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Why don't you just have some banjos made so everyone don't have to ship their large heavy booster to you just so you can take out the banjo? Would save everyone a lot of hassle in them having to box up their booster and ship it to you. Save your customers a lot of down time also. You could have them in stock and ready for immediate shipping. No down time waiting.

Rodney

I thought about it, but I want quality parts with quality service, I don't want to have chinese pot metal rods made up. I also go through each and every booster, every part of it to make sure it is up to my standards and they have to pass multiple tests before I will ship it out. I also take off the Fiero brackets from the old boosters and swap that, that would equal more down time as not everyone has the tools to remove the brackets. I could just have chinese boosters made for <$35 a piece and make huge profits, but again I want Made in America quality. I am not trying to get rich from this, just trying to help Fiero owners.
My customers have no down time (except swaping the booster), I ship first.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So have the banjos made in America.

Rodney
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

So have the banjos made in America.

Rodney

I may, I will have to see what the future holds.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job man. A lesser person would be jealous of your great accomplishment.

Rodney
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed Sardonyx's brake booster today. Installation was easy - having a 13mm flex-head ratcheting wrench is a huge help.

I do indeed see an improvement in my brakes. I could tell the difference just going back and forth in the driveway! Keep in mind I already had brakes that were pretty good; pretty good that is for a Fiero. I replaced the calipers and hoses a couple years ago so its not like I was using this upgrade to mask shortcomings elsewhere (my old calipers had really bad sliders thanks to a previous owner that boogered up the groove where the rubber boots attach). Anyway, it now has brakes like a modern car!

Only part I didn't enjoy was clearancing the inner fender for the new booster. Took more hammering that I ever thought it would! Got it done fortunately.

Core is coming back early in the week. Thanks for providing these boosters for those who don't feel comfortable cutting or welding the stock rod!
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still have to wait for my broken leg to heal before I can install mine. Sorry for the late core return but it'll still be a few weeks yet.

------------------
"Life has a funny way of sneaking up on you when you think everything's okay and everything's going great. And life has a funny way of helping you out when you think everything's gone wrong and everything blows up in your face."
-A. Morissette
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keeip it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 06-21-2014).]

sargeants

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2014 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sargeantsSend a Private Message to sargeantsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs Replied.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another one shipped.
PFF
System Bot
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This was posted in the other thread, it was a booster he got from me, so I figured I would add it over here too.

Originally posted by fierobill:

I put the S10 booster mod in my 88 3800SC/AT yesterday and took it out for a test drive on some back roads. Positively AWESOME! I couldn't keep the grin off my face. Braking effort was cut ~ in half which makes it much more responsive yet it was still easy to modulate. It will be much less distracting when braking during my Ax and HPDE road course events. The brakes worked very well before but I had to apply so much pressure that I couldn't modulate them very well at all. I couldn't effectively do a quick "touch" to slow the car entering a turn. Now I can and I predict it won't take long to adapt to the new braking feel. I've got an Ax event next weekend so that should be telling.

After my first HPDE road course event I decided not to do any more until I improved my brakes. This mod. was key in determining if I needed to go to bigger wheels/brakes to get me the braking that I think I need. Now I don't think I will need to go to the larger wheels/brakes which will keep my costs down (and acceleration up).

Core will be coming back to you shortly .... THANKS!

Bill

So,
Who wants this next one?
UK86GT4.9

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UK86GT4.9Send a Private Message to UK86GT4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
UK86GT4.9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UK86GT4.9Send a Private Message to UK86GT4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

UK86GT4.9

160 posts
Member since May 2012
Payment sent. Thanks
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PMs replied.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2014 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's ready for the next one?
UK86GT4.9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UK86GT4.9Send a Private Message to UK86GT4.9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Works great. Every fiero should have one.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by UK86GT4.9:

Works great. Every fiero should have one.

I agree.

Who wants this next one?
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P.M. sent
Thank you
Gary
anthonyg55

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anthonyg55Send a Private Message to anthonyg55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

Thanks,
Anthony

------------------
AG

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anthonyg55:

PM sent

Thanks,
Anthony

PM Replied
PFF
System Bot
anthonyg55

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anthonyg55Send a Private Message to anthonyg55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Completed transaction through Paypal and sent PM.

Thanks Dave for your quick response to my request!

------------------
AG

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed mine today, works great.
Thanks
Gary
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a difference ! Great upgrade !

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
"Don't hate ... Carburate!"
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I am doing my math correct, it looks like I need to send you $249 correct? Let me know your PayPal address, as it is nowhere in this thread. Soon as I get it, I will PayPal you shortly

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 09-30-2014).]

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

If I am doing my math correct, it looks like I need to send you $249 correct? Let me know your PayPal address, as it is nowhere in this thread. Soon as I get it, I will PayPal you shortly

PM Sent
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

PM Sent

PM received, money sent

sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New PMs replied
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgot to post a couple weeks back, Brake Booster Received! Will get it installed on the 8th or so. I will then get the old one back to ya.
sardonyx247

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Boosters have shipped

Whos the next one that wants thier Fiero to stop?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock