Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Headliners, Sunvisors, Sunshades (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Headliners, Sunvisors, Sunshades by Russ88TTop
Started on: 12-16-2010 04:12 PM
Replies: 232 (12256 views)
Last post by: Russ88TTop on 09-15-2019 11:43 AM
Russ88TTop

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just finished these for the other post. The headliner, visors and sunshade were recovered in a padded headliner material that look like Black Suede, the material is also available in Lt Grey, Dark Grey and Tan

Since the sunshade is reversable, I added Carbon Fibre Vinyl to the back side. This way you have a choice of which way you want to show the sunshade

The visor up

The visor down

The headliner kit consists of material, glue, and instructions.
I will need your sunvisor cores to recover.
I also have available the stock padded headliner colors.

Any questions, let me know
Russ

[This message has been edited by Russ88TTop (edited 05-06-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So... are you only selling the one set or are you making these?
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be making them to order. Anything your interested in?
Russ

www.rwupholstery.com
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Russ88TTop:
The cost is $50 shipped in the US for any of the three
Russ

Any of the 3 colors?? Or Headliner, sunshade or sunvisors for $50 each? Any pictures of the 2 other colors?

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 12-17-2010).]

88GTV-8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTV-8Send a Private Message to 88GTV-8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ, PM sent
a_bartle

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've already purchased the cloth for mine and had my visors re-covered, but wish I hadn't. I REALLY like the look of that Suede! Post more pics when you have a chance, would love to see the tan version....
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$50 each is for the products, sorry for the confusion.
I'll post pics of all four Suede colors later this eve. when I get home from work
Russ
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Russ88TTop

805 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Here are the samples of the colors available for the Suede headliner material
It is padded just like the original material
Black, Grey, Charcoal, Tan

Russ
jgeis

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jgeisSend a Private Message to jgeisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What would the cost be for pick-up of a headliner kit instead of shipping?
Rolling Thunder

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rolling ThunderSend a Private Message to Rolling ThunderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Instead of suede, can you use a more stock-looking cloth? I like the suede, but it'll stick out when a third of my interior is carpet, third is cloth, and a third is suede.
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jgeis - you have PM
RT - I have access to the stock headliner colors and I also have a Grey and Tan Velour material in stock. It's very close to the factory cloth used in the Fiero's and it's also the material I use in the seat covers I make.
Russ
PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely fantastic work!

A well deserved bump to the top.
Carlos

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2011 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlosSend a Private Message to CarlosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here are the samples of the colors available for the Suede headliner material
It is padded just like the original material
Black, Grey, Charcoal, Tan

Russ

Can you post a larger photo of the samples?

------------------

''92 DGGM Caprice 9C1 LO5 5.7
Factory leather, CD and all the Police Package goodies.

[This message has been edited by Carlos (edited 01-09-2011).]

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been asked if I can do the visors with pockets just like OEM, so here you go

I also did a set in Carbon Fiber Vinyl if anyone is interested

Comments, suggestions?
Thanks for your interest
Russ
josef644

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your work looks excellent. I have seen many great looking Fiero's that had the original trashy looking Visors. For $50.00 this is very doable.Good luck with your endeavor.
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Josef,
Thanks for the kind words.
I just realized that I didn't post the price for the visors with pockets. It's an extra $5.00 per visor for those.
I apologize for the confusion, but it's extra labor and material to produce them.
And again the price is using your cores.
Question, suggestions?
Thanks for your interest
Russ
RhinoDj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RhinoDjSend a Private Message to RhinoDjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ, can you PM me with the information so I can send you my visors? I need all 3 of these done. I would like the light grey color...Thanks!
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are awesome!!

I need to get those visors in such a bad way!
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rhino - You have a PM and is the Suede the Lt Grey you need
Deezil - Good to hear from you ---- How's the covers?
Russ
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2011 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rhino - You have a PM and is the Suede the Lt Grey you need
Deezil - Good to hear from you ---- How's the covers?
Russ

Awesome!

When I get the car back I will get a ton of pics!!!
PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been asked if I can do the visors with pockets just like OEM, so here you go

I also did a set in Carbon Fiber Vinyl if anyone is interested

Comments, suggestions?
Thanks for your interest

Russ like always excellent work, can't wait to get mine.
Russ

justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent about the carbon fiber material

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 3.4L | The Fiero Blog (Since April 2000)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Portfolio site | JustinChristie.ca

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HOT Item get now and show them off at the Daytona Fiero Event

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ88TTop- You've Got a PM.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you think you could make some to match the Indy?
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Craigs - PM replied to and
John - you have a PM
Russ
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would be interested in the Tan material. do you need the old sunvisors or can I do those myself?
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were a few different Tan's in the stock materials or are you refering to the Suede? You can do them yourself if you have an industrial sewing machine for the one's with the pockets and possibly you may be able to do the one's without pockets with a home machine. Not sure though, never tried it on a home machine. I do all my upholstery on an industrial/commercial sewing machine
Hope that answers your question.
Thanks for your interest
Russ
Raven88

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Raven88Send a Private Message to Raven88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
Some of the best I have seen I especially liked the pocketed visors. How much for a full set,
Headliner and pocketed visors in the charcoal grey suede material? $105.00?

------------------
Gary W. Patterson
Raven88
88 Fiero
86 Fiero GT

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raven88:

Bump...
Some of the best I have seen I especially liked the pocketed visors. How much for a full set,
Headliner and pocketed visors in the charcoal grey suede material? $105.00?

PFF
System Bot
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

if you want to add embroidering please contact us for pricing.
TA6SPD

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

------------------
What does not kill you only makes you stronger!!!
ta6spd@hotmail.com

Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2011 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This went out yesterday to PA. It is going in a INDY where Grey and Red are the colors, customer wanted something different, so I did the Stock OEM Grey headliner material with Red edging on one side

And since the shade is actually reversable, I did Red Naughahyde with grey edging on the other side

Questions or Comments?
Thanks for looking
Russ
Taijiguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2011 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much to recover the visors if I provide the material? I already have headliner material and prefer to use it for the visors.
Carlos

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarlosSend a Private Message to CarlosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This went out yesterday to PA. It is going in a INDY where Grey and Red are the colors, customer wanted something different, so I did the Stock OEM Grey headliner material with Red edging on one side

And since the shade is actually reversable, I did Red Naughahyde with grey edging on the other side

Questions or Comments?
Thanks for looking
Russ

I have to admit that this looks very sharp. I'm not even going to try and guess how he did this. outstanding work!

------------------

''92 DGGM Caprice 9C1 LO5 5.7
Factory leather, CD and all the Police Package goodies.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that one mine Russ>>>>?
Russ88TTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ88TTopClick Here to visit Russ88TTop's HomePageSend a Private Message to Russ88TTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Carlos - thanks for the compliments, but I can't disclose trade secrets. I enjoyed doing it for Gary and he was VERY, VERY patient and I owe him some additional work.
John - Sorry, that one went to PA and your in FL, does that meen you want one? Enjoy the vacation time and you have a PM
Russ

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Russ that is fantastic, why didn't I think of that? you the man.

Reversible sunshades A+ in my book.

as a matter of fact I want one, check your PM.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock