Started on: 10-09-2010 01:57 AM
Replies: 259 (24069 views)
Last post by: a_bartle on 05-10-2018 02:41 PM
ZeroC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
necro thread ...you still making these !!?!?!
IP: Logged
Cavvy09

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cavvy09Send a Private Message to Cavvy09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I would like to know also.
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me too!

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

RPYRAZOO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RPYRAZOOClick Here to visit RPYRAZOO's HomePageSend a Private Message to RPYRAZOOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realize it's an old post, but I'd really like one of these.
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very old posting, just dong a quick search he has not been on the forum in some time.
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked up his email and sent him a personal email asking about his gt panels.
I sure hope he will consider making them. I know I want one!

------------------
pat moody

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I make these:

Not exactly like the OP's panel, but is available.

Accepts C3 Corvette lights.

No hardware or lights, just the one piece fiberglass panel. $160 + shipping.

HAGO!
freedom0226

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2018 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm'd I call dibs on these..... pm sent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Sage:

I make these:

Not exactly like the OP's panel, but is available.

Accepts C3 Corvette lights.

No hardware or lights, just the one piece fiberglass panel. $160 + shipping.

HAGO!

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM's replied to.
Fiero Master

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2018 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero MasterSend a Private Message to Fiero MasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these available??
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of sages panels i am selling.
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Master:

Are these available??

Yes....one available now otherwise up to 4-8 week turn around.

Or...... here ya' go!

"I have one of sages panels i am selling."

HAGO!

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2018 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one of the OP's panels that I never used because you have to cut your own holes and figure out a way to finish the holes. I did not think I could do a nice enough job. The panel by Sage looks much easier than the completely blank one I have.
freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not a body / fiber glass guy that's why I wanted something to just plug / play. I wonder why hasn't anyone just taken there OEM lights and fiber glass the top of it then drill holes into it. It would be the same exact concept but two pieces not one and still uses the same OEM housing. Again just an idea. I have a spare set of gt lights that are badly cracked but I figure if you just glass the top it will take the same shape and then just sand it down and cut holes. Am I wrong here
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2018 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by freedom0226:

I am not a body / fiber glass guy that's why I wanted something to just plug / play. I wonder why hasn't anyone just taken there OEM lights and fiber glass the top of it then drill holes into it. It would be the same exact concept but two pieces not one and still uses the same OEM housing. Again just an idea. I have a spare set of gt lights that are badly cracked but I figure if you just glass the top it will take the same shape and then just sand it down and cut holes. Am I wrong here

Most people use the lenses but customize the panel that holds the lights:

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2018 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been corresponding with a guy who claims that he has the Al Lindsay molds and will be reproducing a panel that uses the Corvette C4 tail lights. He said that he is working on it but didn't give an availability date.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

freedom0226

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2018 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freedom0226Send a Private Message to freedom0226Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA although those pics are cool as hell. the problem here is those lens are fine. the people who need these panels are doing it because there tail lights are cracked or damaged etc etc. this is the reason for the 1 piece panel. And as cool as Sage's panel looks since they already have holes cut out for C3 lights. I am not comfortable with the fact he himself has never put them on a car and the last thing I want to deal with is buying a part then having to pay someone else to re-fiberglass the issues.

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Most people use the lenses but customize the panel that holds the lights:

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The C3 TL panel I make, is from Twin Lakes Fiero. That's who made the mold I'm using. The only issue I've heard about concerning it, was the opening around the key hole had been too "enthusiastically" trimmed to the point it widened the opening so it didn't present as well as it should. This was brought to my attention last year, and I spend a couple days changing the mold back to what it should be. That issue no longer exists.

As I've said before, if you want an "out of the box-plug-n-play part"....don't buy fiberglass. At the very least, it's going to need sanded, glazed, sanded some more, primed, sanded some more and painted. That's if there are NO other issues. Anybody that's ever installed any fiberglass part will back this up. The only exception to this, might be if you PAY for fitting/finishing when you order the part, and then it would be best if the manufacture had your car (or boat or go-cart or whatever the part is going on) and fit it TO the actual item it was purchased for.

Anyway, it's true, I've never installed one of these panels. I no longer have spare cars to try things out on, and I have no desire to change the stock set up on my 88'GT. I tell folks up front, there is no provision for mounting the lights to the panel, or the panel to the car. It WILL have to fabbed by the end user. So how bad to you want Corvette/Ferrari lights on your Fiero?

Coming soon! (Well.....not REAL soon....but soon!) Been working on it in my "spare" time off and on for a couple months, and the plug is finished, just need to polish/wax/wax/wax, etc. and make the mold. Then sand, polish wax/wax/wax/wax, etc. the mold....then I'll be able to make these panels as well.

I plan on offering it in three different configurations, but won't go into that right now. Just putting it out there, it's in the works.

If somebody else has the Al Lindsay mold, and produces them, then I guess folks will have a choice. Competition is good in capitalism...right?

HAGO!
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:

The C3 TL panel I make,

Coming soon! (Well.....not REAL soon....but soon!) Been working on it in my "spare" time off and on for a couple months, and the plug is finished, just need to polish/wax/wax/wax, etc. and make the mold. Then sand, polish wax/wax/wax/wax, etc. the mold....then I'll be able to make these panels as well.

I plan on offering it in three different configurations, but won't go into that right now. Just putting it out there, it's in the works.

If somebody else has the Al Lindsay mold, and produces them, then I guess folks will have a choice. Competition is good in capitalism...right?

HAGO!

I need two because I would like to remove the stock ones to keep them safe. I don't care for the round light and prefer this more rectangular or oval.

a_bartle

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2018 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree, I think the rectangular/oval ones fit the overall shape better... and seems like there are more aftermarket lens/lamp combinations available. My factory GT tail lights are in excellent condition, but it might be a good idea to get one of these "just in case" something ever happens, then at least I've got options. I'll be checking back on this thread for updates....

Thanks!

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I need two because I would like to remove the stock ones to keep them safe. I don't care for the round light and prefer this more rectangular or oval.

[This message has been edited by a_bartle (edited 05-10-2018).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock