Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 691 (36758 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 10-19-2019 10:28 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About a month and I get to come home!!!!
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

About a month and I get to come home!!!!

When you do I want a visit!!!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No...I am coming to live with you!!!!!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2016 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No...I am coming to live with you!!!!!

K but I get top bunk!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2016 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So fellas Johnny is going to be home in 17 days! time to party!!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update? Can't wait to see this car.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2017 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Update? Can't wait to see this car.

Been really cold so have not worked on it other than running it a bit to keep battery good. Soon as it warms up a bit I will be doing the big brakes and then Mark is coming up here so we can finish up the paint and start getting things buttoned up for the last time. I had to remove one of the trunk d covers the right side one was leaking and the trunk got all wet and nasty so I wanted to make sure that was not going to happen again once John has it so I grabbed a nicer one and hopefully that will fix the water problem. The interior is basically in and done I just need to screw down the bottom cover of the steering and detailing. We need to find a nice set of 18 inch rims that will fit a 88 Fiero and the correct offset for them so if anyone has a idea what to use far as offset I am all ears. John is home BTW in case anyone was wondering.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 02-09-2017).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2017 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm home from the desert but headed right back over. Pace of things right now is insane!!!

Would these work?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/wto/5984497629.html

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 02-12-2017).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2017 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm home from the desert but headed right back over. Pace of things right now is insane!!!

Would these work?

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/wto/5984497629.html

I think so I read someplace people used the pt cruiser wheels on their cars, the thing we need to look for is ones to fit the offset of the 88. I cant use my car as a test as it is a 87. DId you get that door ram yet? Call Archie@!!! and no worries if your headed back over I will just keep chipping away at stuff till ya get back.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 02-13-2017).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2017 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once this project hit the Construction Zone, it seems to have died, just like road work. Once they put the signs up, it takes FOREVER for them to finish.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2017 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once this project hit the Construction Zone, it seems to have died, just like road work. Once they put the signs up, it takes FOREVER for them to finish.

Not dead we only work on it during the summer months due to lack of all things heat here in Wisconsin. John has been re deployed so I am sitting on the car doing little things while he is gone. There is a thousand build threads on doing big brakes and all the other stuff going on to the car right now so didn't bother taking pics of all that. If anyone can steer us towards better fitting wheels tho we could use a hand. its a 88 and the turbine wheels stick out way too far so John wants to get different ones once he gets home from the war. Other than that the car is alive and well I just picked up steel to make a cage for under the nose to protect it from bottoming out. once I get the chance ill start getting it all in place I am doing it similar to Troyboy's car with roller blade wheels. interior is done in the car except for Mr Mikes seat covers. With John gone the budget for the car has blown way over my personal finances so its a slow go for now but still moving along. Keep in mind I have been paying for most of this out of my pocket and time as a single dad it is not easy I did this cause it was the right thing to do not cause I was looking for some financial gain. All things good come in time as will this car once it is done and being enjoyed by John and his son.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-13-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2017 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad you replied. Reading my post, the tone didn't come out how I intended, but you answered my question. I hope your child is at least 3. Before 3, they time required is basically all free time.

For some reason, I thought this car was an '87.

The good thing about this forum is that you can look through builds of every type, to help you with yours. The bad thing about this forum is that everything has been done, so current builds aren't posted.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2017 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm glad you replied. Reading my post, the tone didn't come out how I intended, but you answered my question. I hope your child is at least 3. Before 3, they time required is basically all free time.

For some reason, I thought this car was an '87.

The good thing about this forum is that you can look through builds of every type, to help you with yours. The bad thing about this forum is that everything has been done, so current builds aren't posted.

No prob, Far as the kids, I have 3 ages 11 15 and 17 I raise alone Women can be deadbeats as well I have learned. So, the budget tends to get tight now that one is driving and another soon to follow. I just talked to Mark(FireFox) and right after the holiday we are set to get the trim painted up and he will be coming up here from Milwaukee to help respray the area we are still having issues with the gel coat. This will be the third time respraying the rear hips due to air pockets in the gelcoat expanding in the heat I think a lighter color on the car would have helped this as the lotus color gets really friggin hot in the sun. Once that is done its a quick detailing and then I will start driving it a bit to break in stuff and getting the brakes all worked in. John wants me to take it to a car show or two so we will have to see about that being it has no plates or registration here yet. Other than that it is pretty much done except fighting with verticle doors over their crappy door rams that go flat. THey are making us jump threw hoops to get a replacement it is very annoying for sure!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-19-2017).]

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have 3 home-grown helpers!

That paint is hotter than black?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2017 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have 3 home-grown helpers!

That paint is hotter than black?
maybe not as quite as hot but, hot enough it is causing issues with the flaws in the gel coat/ resin bond. If I ever take on another project like this for someone I will be sure to request the fiberglass parts come naked without gel coat on them, then I can be sure I dont have any hidden gremlins for me ever. This has been a major draw back costing us months of work that has been done and redone over and over due to the air pockets that were hiding under the gel coat.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2017 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully I will be back soon. However, military ops being what they are, I won't be home for long.

Rob, if you have spent money on the car I need to know how much so you can be fully reimbursed. Your personal money can get spent but I don't ever want you, or anyone else who helps you, out cash. You have the knowledge and I am responsible for the money to fund the project. PM me what you have spent please.

I really want you to get credit for the build and be able to enjoy the car. Taking it to car shows so people know you are the builder is one way I was hoping to do that. Beyond that I have one more thing I will do once I have the car which I'm not telling you but will let folks know you and the Sconsin' boys are the builders. It's a surprise!!!

Also, since you guys have all the technical expertise, it makes sense for you guys to shake it down for a bit to make sure all is good before I roll it on a 1000 mile trip to her new home. Most of the swaps have some technical glitches that need the expert to solve.

For the rams, please see if you can talk with Archie and if he will order them and send them to you. Its tough doing that when I am all over the world. Tell Arch I will foot the bill. Just need to know how much.

Rims and tres will be last. We know (kind of) what style we are looking for but the exact offsets and hub sizes escape me. I would love to throw a set of 18 or 19 inch rims from someones 1988 Fiero setup on her. This would be a great start in knowing where we need to go with rims and tire sizes.

Let's get this girl done this year so you can enjoy driving her for a bit....then I can too!!!!
JR

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-21-2017).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2017 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully I will be back soon. However, military ops being what they are, I won't be home for long.

Rob, if you have spent money on the car I need to know how much so you can be fully reimbursed. Your personal money can get spent but I don't ever want you, or anyone else who helps you, out cash. You have the knowledge and I am responsible for the money to fund the project. PM me what you have spent please.

I really want you to get credit for the build and be able to enjoy the car. Taking it to car shows so people know you are the builder is one way I was hoping to do that. Beyond that I have one more thing I will do once I have the car which I'm not telling you but will let folks know you and the Sconsin' boys are the builders. It's a surprise!!!

Also, since you guys have all the technical expertise, it makes sense for you guys to shake it down for a bit to make sure all is good before I roll it on a 1000 mile trip to her new home. Most of the swaps have some technical glitches that need the expert to solve.

For the rams, please see if you can talk with Archie and if he will order them and send them to you. Its tough doing that when I am all over the world. Tell Arch I will foot the bill. Just need to know how much.

Rims and tres will be last. We know (kind of) what style we are looking for but the exact offsets and hub sizes escape me. I would love to throw a set of 18 or 19 inch rims from someones 1988 Fiero setup on her. This would be a great start in knowing where we need to go with rims and tire sizes.

Let's get this girl done this year so you can enjoy driving her for a bit....then I can too!!!!
JR

Working on it bud, I have a few irons in the fire to figure out the wheels finally. Since vertical doors is being such a jackass I may just pop and get the ebay ones as they are a few pounds stronger and 80 percent cheaper for what looks like the same thing.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2017 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick update! Car is slowly coming along, Just waiting on a little squirt of paint from Firefox on some parts when he gets to it and a little blend where we had some fiberglass not loving the gelcoat. After that is is basically done except wheels and some lowering ball joints and a Lambo door shock from Vertical doors if they ever get the stick out of their ass and be more customer friendly when their crap goes flat after a year of being opened a dozen times only. Anywho yup just a bit of final assembly a detail and welp then John can take it and do the final touches with his son. Id take a pic but it is all taped up in plastic ready for mark to come visit with a paint brush and some magic.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just saying, but before long it'll be colder than warmer.

Progress?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2017 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm just saying, but before long it'll be colder than warmer.

Progress?

Seems John has been hiding!! I kinda know why tho military related so the car is sitting here longer. All the paint work is done and I have been putting the trim on and all that fun finishing stuff I can get too but still waiting on a solution for the door rams. I am about to say screw it and just get ebay ones I found. They are 20 pounds lighter than the vert door ones but I think that's close enough to get it going so I can get the fender back on and the door skin. Plenty of vids of progress on my Facebook page I wonder if I can link the vids to here somehow. PiP drives me nuts having to resize pics to use it I think its time for the forum to use something that auto sizes the pics or something easier.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2017 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally! said screw you to Vertical doors and modified a Ebay gas shock at work. Results??? Perfect!! works better than the original ones! Made a little video of it and random stuff of the car. After all the waiting I can now finally put it together for the last time!! Here is a link to my facebook vid. Addy me as a friend on their if you like and have not yet.

https://www.facebook.com/r3...s/10155646266135903/
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2017 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.facebook.com/r3...s/10155651495200903/

That should fix your update lust a bit...
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2017 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally we got new wheels coming, these should look great with it!

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's good to see this reach the finish line after all Johnny and the car have been through...

Joe
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2017 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

It's good to see this reach the finish line after all Johnny and the car have been through...

Joe

Darn Skippy, we need to get him in his car soon he is going nuts!! He sent me a pic of his and his flight buddies new hobby collecting my little ponies!@!!
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the updates. Pics here look good, except the wilted spare tire cover. No can do on facebook. Not on there.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2017 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the updates. Pics here look good, except the wilted spare tire cover. No can do on facebook. Not on there.

Wilted!! Awe heck no, that thing is brand new out of the box, just needs to relax a bit and not fully put on all the way.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Darn Skippy, we need to get him in his car soon he is going nuts!! He sent me a pic of his and his flight buddies new hobby collecting my little ponies!@!!

Egad...

Joe
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2017 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wheels came today now I am just waiting on the lug nuts to show up in the mail.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In a land far far away of blown sand and golden sunsets our friends fly with the guidance of their little pony.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2017 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
They sure have a hell of a view from their office Window tho!!

Some call it the Viper, Some call it the Falcon I just call that jet Pure sexy. I love the f-16 fell in love with it as a kid growing up watching Iron Eagle. Man John ya got a great view indeed!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-06-2017).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2017 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the long wait is over for the wheels, after adding longer studs to the back and some nice new lug nuts they are all mounted and ready.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2017 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy New year from John!!!

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2018 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. He kindof has a Yaeger thing going. Glad to see this project wrapping up.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2018 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool. He kindof has a Yaeger thing going. Glad to see this project wrapping up.

Yup, just texted with him a bit last night, he is off today in Vegas for Red Flag Training stuff. The car is pretty much sitting done now except for lowering it and alignment. I am still trying to decide the best way to lower it in the front given its 18 inch wheels and big brakes. The nose is super long with the Fiero Fiberglass one now so getting up and down my driveway is a real trick at stock height. I am afraid to tear it off if I lower it so I think once the snow is gone and John Registers the car I will have it aligned as is and let him lower it down by him someplace possibly. I will be driving it to wherever he ends up so its going to be a super long drive and I don't want to wreck it on the way so stuck on deciding how I will do it either lower it here or there. Cabin ever is starting to set in I have not been able to work outside for 2 months, we have this constant almost zero or lower temps this year and its been a pain in the ass for getting stuff done. Where do I get/find one, the wrench for the coil overs on his car, that seems to have vanished in the days before It came to me.
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2018 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Qa1 coilovers on my front and ended up with a Motion Pro ATV shock wrench. It works much better that the spanner wrenches that came with the Qa1s.

Heat treated alloy steel
Fits many street, off-road and ATV single shock applications
Sized for 68 and 87 mm OD lock rings with a 8 mm notch

I bought mine on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mo...d:g:nncAAOSwPzhZ-Ori
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryinkc:

I have Qa1 coilovers on my front and ended up with a Motion Pro ATV shock wrench. It works much better that the spanner wrenches that came with the Qa1s.

Heat treated alloy steel

I bought mine on ebay

Great thanks!
I will nab that one
Joseph

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JosephSend a Private Message to JosephEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryinkc:

Heat treated alloy steel

I bought mine on ebay

Thanks for the info I ordered one for my project.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock