Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Plates to mount components in dash (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Plates to mount components in dash by fierosound
Started on: 01-29-2007 08:03 PM
Replies: 45 (7466 views)
Last post by: PatrickTRoof on 08-13-2014 04:10 PM
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the info.

will these ones work?
http://www.crutchfield.com/...462-9cfp.html?tp=100
IP: Logged
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2012 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

thanks for the info. will these ones work?
http://www.crutchfield.com/...462-9cfp.html?tp=100

HUGE magnets. Of course you'd have to figure out how to mount a 4"x6" plate in a 4"x10" hole.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-26-2012).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see there's another source for pre-made speaker plates.
http://www.car-speaker-adap.../items.php?id=SAK093
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I printed the template and cut the driver's side plate today. I got a pair of Sony Xplod 5.25" 4-ways. It looks like I'm going to have to cut the factory holes in the dash a little bigger to fit the cones. Luckily I got a big 2'x4' piece of hardboard, so I have plenty to experiment with. I had to call it a day after one though, because I borrowed my friend's jigsaw, and it must have had the original blade in it! I didn't feel like going back to Home Depot, so I wrapped it up for the day. Has anyone else had to modify the dash openings to fit their speakers in?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did, just a bit though... the bigger modification was the HVAC duct on the driver side.

I should have bought neodymium... for both the front and the back. Oh well... hindsight.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did the driver side today. It turned into a can of worms. I drilled all the holes according to the template. I should have waited to see where the speaker's mounts were. I did end up trimming the dash a little bit. Also, the factory grille doesn't sit quite right because of the extra tweeters on the speaker (I got Sony Xplod 4-ways). Tomorrow I'll do the passenger side, and measure everything twice.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock