My '88 Coupe build by HTXtremes
Started on: 09-26-2007 07:38 PM
Replies: 124 (16504 views)
Last post by: 355Fiero on 01-16-2012 06:44 PM
Syn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the 4.0/f40 transmission what kind of problems did you have when bolting them up? what had to be trimmed what parts did you use ext? and what transmission is on that now? so that it sits like a true Ferrari?
IP: Logged
HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well you have to cut the webbing out of the top of the bell housing to clear the starter, and build a special bolt adapter for one bell housing bolt.

As for the tranny in the tube chassis, it is the G50 Porsche tranny.
Bwhit12

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bwhit12Send a Private Message to Bwhit12Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!!! I'm subscribed and waiting for updates!
HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the Tube chassis was sold and the work is being focused on my '88GT. It is getting an "iron block LS6" so to say, and the F40 trans. So I guess the '88 Coupe with the 3" stretch is still going to be built just not as soon as I'd planned, since I no longer have a shop to work in, so work is kinda hard to do.

As for the LS engine it started out as an LM7, bored .118" over, added hypereutectic pistons w/ coated skirts, balanced to within 1/2 gram, 243 casting heads from an '06 LS2 GTO, '06 GTO LS2 intake, heads had full roller shaft mount rockers, and going with a LS4 type pulley setup with custom water pump, not LS4.

I'll start a new build thread once I get started but first I have I have to swap the slushbox out for a stick.
355Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HTXtremes;

Who ended up buying the frame from you? If you don't want to mention here, please PM or email me.

Thanks
Don
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay