Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Foxy Fiero's Official Build Thread (56kers warning)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Foxy Fiero's Official Build Thread (56kers warning) by Foxy Fiero13
Started on: 03-30-2008 03:06 PM
Replies: 39 (3624 views)
Last post by: OlieSmokes on 04-24-2017 12:49 AM
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok sorry about making a new thread like this but this is gonna be my main thread for my car she is a 87 gt located in Racine, Wisconsin

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
this is her as of 3/28/08

side view

her shoes (junk yard $165 for a set)

my intake thats to long to put the grill back on

[This message has been edited by Foxy Fiero13 (edited 03-30-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interior: (note previous owner was a smoker)
smoke damage

more smoke damage

sub behind passenger seat

upclose of sub

radio

ipod stand (ghetto rigged with velcro!)

my amp behind driver seat

all the wires fed threw the center console

only 75k miles!

pretty clean i say for my dd atm

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Foxy Fiero13

1496 posts
Member since Mar 2008
cant for get my lovely mirrior

Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car. Just a little cleaning and I think you could get the smoke damage off as well.

Tip: remember to take the faceplate of that stereo off every time you leave the car. My friend got his stereo (your exact model) stolen and lost a window in the process.
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Great looking car. Just a little cleaning and I think you could get the smoke damage off as well.

Tip: remember to take the faceplate of that stereo off every time you leave the car. My friend got his stereo (your exact model) stolen and lost a window in the process.

thank you and i tried to get the smoke damage off but i only tried to vacuum it off i got some of it but its to cold out to do that now

lol my walmart model idc if it gets jacked ill soon be taking it out and putting in a nice alpine deck thats sitting on my bed

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That rubber ducky rocks!!!!!
And yeah, I second removing the faceplate, no matter what the stereo is
And I wouldn't leave the ipod in view either.
And maybe hide the duck too, though if he's a trained attack duck, you most certainly want to leave him where he is

Cigarette smoke is a pain to get off, you will have to use cleaners. Windex or 409 should do the trick. Atleast smoke is troublesome to get out of the interior of electronics, might not be so bad on plastic panels. The acidity of the smoke eats away at stuff too

Looks nice. And only 75k! good find!
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when shes not being a a$$ to me yes. but lately all she wants is attention. dang engine light came on again and after putting in a few hundred dollars in to her. now i have to replace everything else i didnt replace before.
so far since i got my gt in november of 07 i have replaced:

distributor cap
rotor
spark plugs
spark plug wires
muffler
intake
pcv valve
water pump
serpentine belt
exhaust manifold gaskets

next projects are:

egr valve (which was the wrong one when i got it)
fuel filter
and what ever else makes her like me that much better

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
eh, not bad. seems like regular maintenance for a 20 + year old car.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice GT and Rubber Ducky. Word of friendly advice: Don't Post you sig everytime you post, it can clutter the thread, just one sig in a thread is good enough. I like the Ipod stand. :P Now you just have to buy the rest of the woodgrain for the dash to match your radio bezel. Still a nice GT.

What do you plan on doing to it?
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol not going with a wood grain trim. thats soooo ugly walmart didnt have the black trim. cuz they are gay they always have the wood trim so i had to get it and i wasnt gonna spend like 10000 million dollars at best buy for the same thing walmart had for cheaper
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea Wally World is bad about stereo stuff. If you want a better mounting kit for your Fiero, HUmont sells a really nice one. Well worth the money. Here is a link.

http://maptechenterprises.n...o.php?products_id=47
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
right now and the next few months is gonna be bad time for me im not gonna have any money
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

lol my walmart model idc if it gets jacked ill soon be taking it out and putting in a nice alpine deck thats sitting on my bed

Totally agree. My friend wasn't pissed off about the stereo. He couldn't care less about the stereo itself. He was pissed about the window it cost him, the "collateral damage" and loosing the music on his USB stick.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

Originally posted by 86fierofun:
Windex or 409 should do the trick.

Careful with Windex. I've learned the lesson the hard way. The ammonia is really hard on interior plastics. I did more damage in 5 minutes with Windex to my interior, than the car had in 20 years of it's life before. It made a lot of the plastic ripple and destroyed some of the fake brushed steel trim.

I heard Armor all is the death of car interiors too. Never tried it because of it, but I've heard horror stories.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Huh, I haven't had that problem...... I think I used windex on my door panels......Hummmmm...... I guess find a test patch first.
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quote----

lol not going with a wood grain trim. thats soooo ugly walmart didnt have the black trim. cuz they are gay they always have the wood trim so i had to get it and i wasnt gonna spend like 10000 million dollars at best buy for the same thing walmart had for cheaper...

-------------------
I found that if you move the wire harness from the car behind the radio a little to the side where it is originally mounted you may be able to put the radio all the way in instead of having it protrude out.

And wood trim isn't all that bad..... Depends if it's a sticker or not. Mine is real birch wood along with the shift knob that I carved. Looks good to me!

AFTER MY INTERIOR SUEDE TOUCHES and a short throw shifter

COST ABOUT 20 BUCKS for wood, stain, sandpaper, and clear poly........

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well maybe my wood grain trim would look better with tan interior but i think the tan interior is SOOOO UGLY i like the gray with black accents
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Personal preference I guess.

Can't wait to see when everything is done...

Also there is a product called Spot Shot (Home depot, Sams, etc). It comes in a can and basically spray on the stains and without rubbing the stains disappear. I used this on some of the carpet stains that have been in the car for 20 years literallly and they came up with two apps. I used a terry towel with rubbing but I'd be careful on some of the fabric areas. It's works everywhere but...

DO NOT RUB HARD ON VINYL PIECES BECAUSE THE PAINT MAY RUB OFF.

JUST FYI FOR YOUR INTERIOR TROUBLES.

-----------------
I'LL STICK WITH MY WOOD AND TAN INTERIOR.
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm well ill have to get that a try and your interior looks nice but it depends on the car color i guess like my car with tan interior would be ugly
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NEW PICS!!!

i decided to take my spoiler off and this is what i found

needs paint

right wing stand

right wing stand HUGE HOLE!

left wing stand

inside shot

GUARD DUCKIE!!!!
Tammykos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TammykosClick Here to visit Tammykos's HomePageSend a Private Message to TammykosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a GUARD PENGUIN. It's my CD holder.

PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is the sub permanently attatched? don't know if it's the angle the pic was taken at, but it seems like you'd have a bit more fore-aft room for the seat if it were upside down from the positions it's in now.
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol nice penguin but no the sub is not permanently there. but it is squeezed in between the door and the center console and it wont fit in there up side down that was the first thing we tried. that sub wont move till i get a new sub box aka my new center console im making
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have a different deck lid if yours is to rough to repair....
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im gonna paint it soon and try to fix the hold aka recover it then drill the hole again so maybe it will look better how much do u charge for paint jobs mark?
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Each car is a little different. I'd have to see it for a proper quote.

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
paint is under way!!!! I started my spoiler today but didn't get far I sanded it and that's all pics later tonight
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Foxy Fiero13

1496 posts
Member since Mar 2008

all i got done today not very productive but it only took me a hour to do this

Might Also so be getting a new set of rims nice set of momo rims

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
started painting my spoiler and wing stands today! yay!!!

here is the FIRST COAT!!!

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
new 17" momo rims 245 all the way around

lost my hood emblem the other day
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
changed the fuel filter on her today and cleaned up someof the engine while waiting on my help to come back home piccs posted tommorow
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
went to the gas station yesterday b4 going to the brewer game and i came across a beautiful black 2m4 this guy bought for his daughter just rolled over to 60k miles
owner is the guy next to the bigger lady in the green walking out
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is nice. I wish mine looked that good. Soon enough though, soon enough.
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mine too mine looks like crap atm but soon she will be painted soon enough
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you think your's looks bad

I see you have that darn clear coming up too. Mine has some other damage though too. It will see some TLC soon though, when I get a little more time and the weather is consistently warm and dry.
Dash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DashSend a Private Message to DashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

went to the gas station yesterday b4 going to the brewer game and i came across a beautiful black 2m4 this guy bought for his daughter just rolled over to 60k miles
owner is the guy next to the bigger lady in the green walking out

haha i think ive worked on this fiero. i think the guys name is paul. i did a full exhaust job on it from the exhaust manifold down. good times good times. lol
kwaidonjin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwaidonjinSend a Private Message to kwaidonjinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

started painting my spoiler and wing stands today! yay!!!

here is the FIRST COAT!!!

Foxy,
How are you painting the rear wing? Are you color matching with rest of car?
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
decided to just get rid of my wing its just in the way anyways so i bonded in and fiberglassed the holes so its wingless idk what color i i want my car its half primer grey and half red right now cuz i got in to a car accident last nov
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my baby as of now

OlieSmokes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2017 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OlieSmokesSend a Private Message to OlieSmokesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I just ended up buying this car. Pretty cool to see it 7 years ago.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock