Started on: 12-27-2005 03:20 PM
Replies: 279 (18540 views)
Last post by: F355spider on 09-07-2011 04:21 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero1fan (do you have a real name? )

What is the depth of Dietmar's quarter panel scoops? His design looks suspiciously like mine...

IP: Logged
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2005 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My name is Timo Penrod. I'll get a meassurement for you. I'd say they are about 2 - 21/2 inches.
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2005 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dietmar laminated the scoops from a Gen. 3 MR2 into the panel so I doubt that he copied your design...

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Fiero1fan (do you have a real name? )

What is the depth of Dietmar's quarter panel scoops? His design looks suspiciously like mine...

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 12-31-2005).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2005 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:
Dietmar laminated the scoops from a Gen. 3 MR2 into the panel so I doubt that he copied your design...

if anything I probably copied his... I just remember drawing that about a year ago..

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2006 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I took my engine cradle and X-member to the shop today to have them sand blasted and base painted. I was worried that it would be very expensive. They only wanted $70 for the complete process. I was expecting to have to pay over $300. Boy that just made my day. I'll be taking several more parts over tomorrow for the same treatment.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 01-02-2006).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2006 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm lucky enough that I can do that kind of thing myself. But damn if I don't overcharge myself every time.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2006 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LMFAO!!! Whadeduck, you're a lost cause!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More parts on their way to be powder coated.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 01-03-2006).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmmm powdercoating. That's one thing I wish there was more of around this area. 'Twould cost me too much to have to ship everything off to do that. So I have to stick with paints for now. For as much as the Myrtle Beach area has, it's terribly lacking in other areas.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Powdercoating on this parts in this condition ?.

This does not work ,for me !.

[This message has been edited by Torch-Red87 (edited 01-03-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guy who does the powder coating also does the sand-blasting and presealant. The hubs will not be sand blasted. I'll clean those by hand.
So the condition will be like new after the coating.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 01-03-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
kmerkle01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmerkle01Send a Private Message to kmerkle01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this nose available online anywhere?

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, it isn't. It's a modification of the nose I have on my car but the guy who made them (in Germany) is no longer in business.

Originally posted by kmerkle01:

Is this nose available online anywhere?

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The chin f355 nose might be available in the near future. I have a guy who is interested in making copies of it. I'll post more about it when I get more info.

------------------
Timo

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 01-04-2006).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dont mention it too much before its actually happening. Peoples hopes have been let down too often regarding the "355 nose from Germany"...

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

The chin f355 nose might be available in the near future. I have a guy who is interested in making copies of it. I'll post more about it when I get more info.

Kentish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentishSend a Private Message to KentishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work.

There appears to be more available for our Fieros in Germany than in the UK.

I'll be starting mine soon but not such a detailed rebuild as yourself.

There's a guy here in UK who is very into Fiero turbo conversions and I'm thinking along the lines of eventually pulling the engine for upgrade then fitting the turbo. I have no info regarding the turbo conversion at this time but I know he has done one or two in the past. He favours this over engine swaps as he rates the 2.8 highly but says it needs to be upgraded to make more robust.

I'll find out a little more about it and post some details soon.

------------------
Fiero 2M6 SE (1986) auto, red/orange notchback with aero body & rear wing, full black leather interior with RHD conversion.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you see something you like let me know and I'll see if I can get it for you. The UK isn't all that far away to ship to.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It seems germany has more "in demand" fiero parts than The USA
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
German engineering (sp?)!
Kentish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentishSend a Private Message to KentishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you see something you like let me know and I'll see if I can get it for you. The UK isn't all that far away to ship to.

Thanks, that's a very kind offer. I may well have a list for you at some point soon

------------------
Fiero 2M6 SE (1986) auto, red/orange notchback with aero body & rear wing, full black leather interior with RHD conversion.

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my MrMikes seats, shifter boot, e-brake boot, visors and door panel coverings. These are VERY Fxxxing Nice!!! The man does fantastic work!!!

Well now the secret is out of why I named the car "The Steel Lady". Yup, I am a Steelers Fan!!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be doing the installs tomorrow on the seats and the door panels.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
I also got my Rodney Dickmans 1" lowering ball joints and Tie-Rods today. I have to wait on those until my parts get back from the Powder-coating.

Thanks for the fast delivery Rodney!

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 01-06-2006).]

Zero 260

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zero 260Send a Private Message to Zero 260Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well now the secret is out of why I named the car "The Steel Lady". Yup, I am a Steelers Fan!!

Fascinating, absolutely Fascinating Looks great!

------------------

It's us against them. Which side are YOU on? Fiero Owners Unite!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew it, I knew it... :-)

BTW, are you still up?

Got my MrMikes seats, shifter boot, e-brake boot, visors and door panel coverings. These are VERY Fxxxing Nice!!! The man does fantastic work!!!

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too excited to sleep. Give me a call.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 01-05-2006).]

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were doing mine with that kind of theme in mind, I'd have to have it silver blue and black and call it the Panther. Hell, they have to have at least one fan. Might as well be me. lol

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on Whadeduck the last time I saw them in TV there were at least 3 fans in the stands and I didn't see you. So that is 4!!! Wish you luck in the playoffs against the Giants. I don't like Lil Manning.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm "a" fan. Didn't say I was a big fan. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to watch any football, baseball, or races this year. Between work, renovating my house, and all of my other projects, there's no time for much anymore. I do have a Panther's hardhat I wear when I go to job sites though.

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

I do have a Panther's hardhat I wear when I go to job sites though.

Do you mean like this?

or like this?

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Here's a little something my son got me for Christmas.

Sorry about that I got a little off topic. Tomorrow I'll be back on. I promise!!

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MrMikes was the plan for today!!
I have my hired help.......

He took apart both seats.

Then he lost interest. It was just me and the camerawoman from then on.

------------------
Timo

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Off with the old.

Then on with the new.

Putting the bottom and back together.

------------------
Timo

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Passenger seat finished. Drivers seat yet to go. Now on my own. Camerawoman decided to take the rest of the night off!! Union workers! Go figure!

Passenger trying out his seat. (He thinks it's his!! )

Both seats finished!!!!! Hurrah Hard Core!!!

Only took me about 6 hours.

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 01-06-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Tomorrow: Door Panels. I just know you all can't wait!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations great seats !!

I too am a Huuuuuuuugggggggge Steelers fan !!

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Careful with the door panels - much harder to get right compared to the seat covers. I'm taking mine to a pro because I couldn't make them perfect myself...

Tomorrow: Door Panels. I just know you all can't wait!!!

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Congratulations great seats !!

I too am a Huuuuuuuugggggggge Steelers fan !!

Thanks!
Fantastic! Small world isn't it?! (Stomp the Bengals )

------------------
The Steel Lady: Pix to follow........

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero1Fan

4364 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Careful with the door panels - much harder to get right compared to the seat covers. I'm taking mine to a pro because I couldn't make them perfect myself...

I'll be careful. I don't want to mess these up.

------------------
The Steel Lady: Pix to follow........

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(Stomp the Bengals )

WHO DEY????
Seats look so nice. Great job on them. Oh yea the bengals / steelers will prob be one heck of a good game. I will be watching it. Hard to say who will win.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock