Started on: 05-23-2024 10:20 AM
Replies: 3 (126 views)
Last post by: Chris Hodson on 05-24-2024 03:26 PM
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2024 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a large step van that did not come with an air conditioner. I took a chance on one of these China 12v units. The one I found was about 400 shipped.

Look up 12V Mini Split RV Air Conditioner 12000Btu A/C Fits Semi Trucks Bus RV Caravan on Ebay.

My Fiero has ZERO AC components and ZERO Frunk. I can only imagine there are a handful of people like me out there lol. This system could easily be modified to fit into a Fiero & I might just do it vs sourcing all the stock-ish parts to make it happen. It's frigid AF, its quiet, runs on 12v. Not sure how long it will last but we shall see.

Hope this helps someone.

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 05-23-2024).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2024 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless you have Upgraded the Alternator & more to handle "Current (A): 60-80A" can/will cause major electrical problems.

Skipping wiring problems...

Even w/ 105A CS130 on V6 or 4 Cyl will very likely know when 60-80a load kicks On. More so at Idle or in slow traffic because Advertised Amps is Peak Amps & only get that driving > 35 mph or even faster. Not just an "old car" problem, many current models have Factory installed 100+ amp alt's & w/ a larger battery to hope has enough power @ low speeds. Larger Battery is often physically bigger but often have ~ same CA CCA rating to get Way Longer Reserve Capacity even before Auto Stop the engine @ every stop sign to keep EPA happy.

Because even tho the newer cars may have ~ same power used in old cars, the multiple Computers in them often get very unhappy just seeing ≤ 12v setting DTC to 1 or more stop working for any "Low Volt" condition.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

richard in nc

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2024 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for richard in ncSend a Private Message to richard in ncEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

I have a large step van that did not come with an air conditioner. I took a chance on one of these China 12v units. The one I found was about 400 shipped.

Look up 12V Mini Split RV Air Conditioner 12000Btu A/C Fits Semi Trucks Bus RV Caravan on Ebay.

My Fiero has ZERO AC components and ZERO Frunk. I can only imagine there are a handful of people like me out there lol. This system could easily be modified to fit into a Fiero & I might just do it vs sourcing all the stock-ish parts to make it happen. It's frigid AF, its quiet, runs on 12v. Not sure how long it will last but we shall see.

Hope this helps someone.

so you are saying that 12 volt ac will cool the inside of a step van?
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2024 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you are able to chop this up and fit it into a Fiero I'm just assuming you would also be aware of supporting mods I've got this in my 2007 International 1000 series utilimaster 1652 and it's doing great! I'm building a battery bank so I can run it longer without the engine on.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock