Worlds Strangest Coolant Leak... by sultan86GT
Started on: 05-05-2024 06:20 PM
Replies: 3 (64 views)
Last post by: sultan86GT on 05-05-2024 06:39 PM
sultan86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2024 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sultan86GTSend a Private Message to sultan86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an updated post based on my previous one:

Recently I left my mostly-stock 86 gt running to recharge the battery (stupidly) unattended, and a small coolant leak I forgot about over the winter meant most of the coolant was spewing out under the hood causing a major overheating situation. I fortunately seem to have caught it just in time to avoid severe engine damage on the sub-30k mile engine.

However, coolant is absolutely pouring from somewhere on the passenger side of the block. Doesnt seem to be coming directly from the water pump but I could be wrong. Any ideas on how to figure this out? I heard that freeze plugs can be blown out by overheating and thought that might be possible, but I cant find any diagrams with their locations to start looking.

Thanks for reading!

I filled up the coolant again today to try to find the leak, and the strangest thing happened: it didnt leak! I started the car up and there was no/minimal dripping from the original spot. After turning the car off though, coolant suddenly seemed to drain from the original location very rapidly.

Has anyone ever seen a similar situation or have any idea whats going on here? Im totally stumped
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2024 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Instead of starting another thread, it's ok to update your original post about this problem.

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ™‚
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2024 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Instead of starting another thread, it's ok to update your original post about this problem.

For sure. Starting a new thread for every post by the OP on the same topic would soon totally mess up the forum.
sultan86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2024 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sultan86GTSend a Private Message to sultan86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My bad, I see what you guys mean. How do I delete this thead??

( Sorry, I'm a noob if you guys couldnt tell )

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock