trunk access by treborerellim
Started on: 05-02-2024 04:59 PM
Replies: 10 (162 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 05-14-2024 08:31 AM
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2024 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 formula that the trunk lock is totally ******** up. Is there any way to access the trunk other than cutting a hole in the bottom. If there is please let me know. Thanks.

Bob
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2024 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why would you wish to cut through the bottom when it's pretty easy to force the lock? This topic has been covered many times.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2024 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In what way is it messed up? Are you still able to insert a key?

(And I'm assuming you don't have the power trunk release?)
treborerellim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2024 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The whole cylinder is missing. Stuck a big screwdriver in to see if I could price something to pop it open and couldn't get a hold of a thing. Any suggestions appreciated.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2024 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A long standard screwdriver with a head of about 1/4" will pop the trunk. It will fit into the slot in the lock easily.
Shine a light into the lock hole in the decklid so you can see the slot in the lock mechanism.
treborerellim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2024 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will give it a try. I'll be out of town for the next 3 days. I will post the results next week. Appreciate all the people who replied. Thanks!!

Bob
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2024 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by treborerellim:

Will give it a try. I'll be out of town for the next 3 days. I will post the results next week. Appreciate all the people who replied. Thanks!!

Bob

It turns clockwise....
cartercarbaficionado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2024 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

It turns clockwise....

ironically this is how I opened it on my formula for awhile. best one you can use is a 5 inch (or longer) shaft with a 1/4 inch end (mine was a hacked up chainsaw one that was labeled as a #9) but be aware if it is fully closed you will need to apply downwards force to the decklid to make it easy or just twist pretty hard to get it to turn enough to open properly. also a few taps to make sure it's seated real nice ain't gonna hurt it as long as you don't whole hog it.
if anyone messes up their lock rod (he's gonna need to remove it if not already gone) I do have a template around somewhere for cutting one out of 1/4 bar stock that can also be used for the power solenoid
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2024 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BOB, FYI... someone must have re-pop'ed these... because there are a ton of brand new trunk lock kits for the Fiero available on eBay right now.
treborerellim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2024 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all who replied. And Olejoedad small Screwdriver method did the trick. Which goes to show you that bigger isn't necessarily better. At least in screwdrivers.

But again I would like to thank all that replied and I really appreciate your help.

Thanks, Bob
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2024 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock