Sail panel clips by 1985 Fiero GT
Started on: 04-28-2024 02:26 PM
Replies: 4 (81 views)
Last post by: 1985 Fiero GT on 04-29-2024 09:03 AM
1985 Fiero GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read that 84/85s had metal rear sail panel clips, and later years had plastic, I was just working on my 85 gt sail panel, and raised it does have plastic clips, flat piece that fits into the sail panel frame with a nub/ratchet locking mechanism that fits into a hole in the car. Why would my 85 have the plastic clips?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could a PO possibly have changed them? My 85GT had the metal clips and posts. I replaced them with some 87 coupe windows with plastic posts and FieroSails GT inserts. I just drilled the holes in the body flange to a little larger size. But, if you want to use a window with metal pins, just slide the clips in place over the larger holes.
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Could a PO possibly have changed them? My 85GT had the metal clips and posts. I replaced them with some 87 coupe windows with plastic posts and FieroSails GT inserts. I just drilled the holes in the body flange to a little larger size. But, if you want to use a window with metal pins, just slide the clips in place over the larger holes.

It seems possible, but that panel was cracked, looked as old as the car, the Pontiac arrowheads were also certainly original, the holes look original to, no scratches around them, rough drilling, etc. Perhaps somehow mine was made very late in the year, like a mid year transition? Interestingly enough, the Fiero store says that only 84s had metal clips under the listing for replacement plastic ones.
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2024 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1985 Fiero GT:

It seems possible, but that panel was cracked, looked as old as the car, the Pontiac arrowheads were also certainly original, the holes look original to, no scratches around them, rough drilling, etc. Perhaps somehow mine was made very late in the year, like a mid year transition? Interestingly enough, the Fiero store says that only 84s had metal clips under the listing for replacement plastic ones.

pontiac and gm were super fast and loose with parts, my 68 toronado actually has a bunch of 66 parts on it and my 84 has a bunch of weird parts as well. our 88 fiero formula has a 4 speed munchie cable for its select cable.
don't read into too much gm is just weird
1985 Fiero GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2024 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1985 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1985 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cartercarbaficionado:

pontiac and gm were super fast and loose with parts, my 68 toronado actually has a bunch of 66 parts on it and my 84 has a bunch of weird parts as well. our 88 fiero formula has a 4 speed munchie cable for its select cable.
don't read into too much gm is just weird

Interesting, makes sense, in a weird, gm sort of way haha.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock