Fiero interchangeable seat brackets by Datez
Started on: 04-27-2024 04:08 PM
Replies: 4 (75 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 04-28-2024 09:20 AM
Datez

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2024 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DatezSend a Private Message to DatezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I recently bought a set of some nice reupholstered Fiero seats for my Datsun pickup. Unfortunately the seats didn’t come with brackets/sliding rails. I’ve looked online to buy some used or after market and I’ve had no luck. All the used ones seem rusted and in bad shape and pretty expensive, and there doesn’t seem to be aftermarket remakes.

My question:
Is there another vehicle whose brackets I can use that bolt right in? I couldn’t find universal bracket that were long enough from front to back mounting screws. Also, what is the thread count on the screws that bolt the seat to the bracket? Thank you all in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2024 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Datez:

Hi all,

I recently bought a set of some nice reupholstered Fiero seats for my Datsun pickup. Unfortunately the seats didn’t come with brackets/sliding rails. I’ve looked online to buy some used or after market and I’ve had no luck. All the used ones seem rusted and in bad shape and pretty expensive, and there doesn’t seem to be aftermarket remakes.

My question:
Is there another vehicle whose brackets I can use that bolt right in? I couldn’t find universal bracket that were long enough from front to back mounting screws. Also, what is the thread count on the screws that bolt the seat to the bracket? Thank you all in advance!

Haha... well, I'm sad that they're not in a Fiero. It's amazing how many different cars end up getting the Fiero seats. Of all the cars I've ever owned, and it's been a lot of them. The two nicest seats I've ever had, were the ones in my 2002 Ford Explorer Sport, and my 1987 Pontiac Fiero. You'd think that aftermarket seat companies would get the hint and produce them.

Anyway, the Fiero seat rails are a one-off for this car. More than likely, you're going to need to fabricate some brackets yourself, or buy Fiero seat rails online. There are companies that sell aftermarket seat rails... and that's what I would recommend, honestly. The Fiero seat rails aren't going to bolt into your truck either, so you might as well fabricate them from scratch. I know it's easier said than done... but there are plenty of welding shops all over most towns that you should be able to have them build something off of what you mock up in wood.
Datez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2024 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DatezSend a Private Message to DatezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
Haha... well, I'm sad that they're not in a Fiero. It's amazing how many different cars end up getting the Fiero seats. Of all the cars I've ever owned, and it's been a lot of them. The two nicest seats I've ever had, were the ones in my 2002 Ford Explorer Sport, and my 1987 Pontiac Fiero. You'd think that aftermarket seat companies would get the hint and produce them.

Anyway, the Fiero seat rails are a one-off for this car. More than likely, you're going to need to fabricate some brackets yourself, or buy Fiero seat rails online. There are companies that sell aftermarket seat rails... and that's what I would recommend, honestly. The Fiero seat rails aren't going to bolt into your truck either, so you might as well fabricate them from scratch. I know it's easier said than done... but there are plenty of welding shops all over most towns that you should be able to have them build something off of what you mock up in wood.

With the Datsun cab being so small, I’m limited on seat options and these came up on Facebook marketplace near me for a great price so I bought them. I plan on making some brackets to mount the seat to, but I was actually referring to the seat rails on this post. I want to know if any other car seat rails bolt up to it. Once I get a sliding mechanism that fits, then I can fabricate from there. I read some other posts about other GM seats like corvette and firebird, and everyone suggests you have to bolt the fiero rails to them to fit in the fiero. So does that mean that technically the vette/firebird rails fit directly on these seats?
Datez

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2024 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DatezSend a Private Message to DatezEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Datez

4 posts
Member since Apr 2024

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

With the Datsun cab being so small, I’m limited on seat options and these came up on Facebook marketplace near me for a great price so I bought them. I plan on making some brackets to mount the seat to, but I was actually referring to the seat rails on this post. I want to know if any other car seat rails bolt up to it. Once I get a sliding mechanism that fits, then I can fabricate from there. I read some other posts about other GM seats like corvette and firebird, and everyone suggests you have to bolt the fiero rails to them to fit in the fiero. So does that mean that technically the vette/firebird rails fit directly on these seats?
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Datez:

You might want to talk to Mr.Mike from Mr.Mike's Fiero Upholstery...

http://mrmikes.com/

There's a lot of information about these seats, and the rails, on his website. The reason why I mentioned the "brackets' is because the seat rails and the brackets are one in the same on the Fiero. And I'm not aware of any other seat brackets/rails being able to bolt into them without drilling new holes into the brackets / rails.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock