Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  early headlight gear (can make late one if someone sends a semi intact one)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
early headlight gear (can make late one if someone sends a semi intact one) by cartercarbaficionado
Started on: 04-27-2024 11:25 AM
Replies: 8 (90 views)
Last post by: cartercarbaficionado on 04-28-2024 05:28 AM
cartercarbaficionado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2024 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so I modeled a 84 fiero headlight gear as well as a 1980s c4 corvette and have been meaning to upload it for like a dollar for people to use but I'm lazy so I'll probably link it here later if more than a single person wants it. otherwise I'll just pm it
if anyone else would like a weird part modeled from a fiero to 3d print I could oblige, I was going to do ash tray doors and some other small bits like speaker grills just to help keep these guys looking nice
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2024 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I doubt that a 3D printed gear would be able to take the torque load.

But I'll bite.
I'll send you one. I pay shipping to you.
You send me a printed one. You pay shipping to me.
I will rebuild a motor and put it in my sons car.

Then we just see how long it lasts.
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

I doubt that a 3D printed gear would be able to take the torque load.

But I'll bite.
I'll send you one. I pay shipping to you.
You send me a printed one. You pay shipping to me.
I will rebuild a motor and put it in my sons car.

Then we just see how long it lasts.

dude I'll just send you the stl as my printer is broken again..unless you have a late model gear, I think I might have one sitting around since my 88 just decided to fry something
also it's been fine in the 84 vette for quite a few months now so it's probably fine
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cartercarbaficionado

106 posts
Member since Sep 2023

keep in mind this is more of a "I don't have 40 bucks to spend and I own a 3d printer" type of thing, I'll probably will be modeling a ash tray cover and some custom "abuse tested" cup holders
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm with buddycraig, a Vette your just spinning a whole assembly, in a Fiero you are spinning an assembly PLUS a double Spring loaded Door who's purpose is to want to stay down.

[This message has been edited by jelly2m8 (edited 04-28-2024).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I misunderstood what you are needing help with.
What are you wanting to do?
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe I misunderstood what you are needing help with.
What are you wanting to do?

mostly just making models for cnc or 3d printing use, i may try to make a few larger parts like the entire flat dash panel adapter for a s10 or vette digital dash and such to help people out and keep my *ahem* garbage on the road since they always have issues, the 3d printed gear just got a stress test on a 84 unit by being actuated repeatedly ~350 times and the gear hasn't worn yet
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cartercarbaficionado:
the 3d printed gear just got a stress test on a 84 unit by being actuated repeatedly ~350 times and the gear hasn't worn yet

That is impressive.

Now that Rodney is no longer in the game, we will need people like you.
cartercarbaficionado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is impressive.

Now that Rodney is no longer in the game, we will need people like you.

oh just wait. next is making a mold of notchback taillights and trying to make some lenses or at least a way to reliably repair them, after all they are only a urethane composite just like 1995 gtp lights, scaling up production will be darn near impossible with my lack of money atm but once I find a process chances are I could make a set of lenses (or maybe a whole light assembly?) in maybe 1-3 days
I do have a...well ok set of lenses but all i needed was the ability to make a mold I can modify anyhow

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock