88 tach by jdv
Started on: 04-25-2024 06:20 PM
Replies: 3 (77 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-28-2024 03:44 PM
jdv

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2024 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is an 88 2.5 base model that I last worked on about 18 months ago because I had a car accident. At the time I replaced the fuel pump and lines as they where weeping. I replaced the ignition unit and coils, brake pads, Battery cables and other maintenance items. The tach was always acting funny since I bought the car so i purchased a new tach board but that didn't solve the issue. Now that I have recovered enough to work on and even drive the car the tach started to work interminably and now stopped working all together. Does the 2.5 have a tech filter live the v6? I have a newer dash that i put in to check if the tach it self was bad and that didn't help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vintage-Nut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2024 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vintage-NutSend a Private Message to Vintage-NutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Does the 2.5 have a tech filter

No tach filter on the 87-88 L4 with the DIS ignition.

Check the connections or may a new board?

EDIT - See this thread:
1988 2.5L Tachometer not working by gtxbullet
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...130314-2-118058.html

------------------------------------------
Original Owner of a Silver '88 GT
Under 'Production Refurbishment' @ 136k Miles

[This message has been edited by Vintage-Nut (edited 04-25-2024).]

cartercarbaficionado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2024 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cartercarbaficionadoSend a Private Message to cartercarbaficionadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdv:

The car is an 88 2.5 base model that I last worked on about 18 months ago because I had a car accident. At the time I replaced the fuel pump and lines as they where weeping. I replaced the ignition unit and coils, brake pads, Battery cables and other maintenance items. The tach was always acting funny since I bought the car so i purchased a new tach board but that didn't solve the issue. Now that I have recovered enough to work on and even drive the car the tach started to work interminably and now stopped working all together. Does the 2.5 have a tech filter live the v6? I have a newer dash that i put in to check if the tach it self was bad and that didn't help.

check the connection on the distributor I believe it's different from the v6 I understand better and mine was hardwired
its nost likely a dying module or a broken wire or messed up connector
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2024 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact Forum member JGunsett for reliable, low cost instrumentation repair.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock