V6 Tune up by Garrett5982
Started on: 04-24-2024 09:55 PM
Replies: 3 (83 views)
Last post by: jelly2m8 on 04-25-2024 03:50 AM
Garrett5982

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2024 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Garrett5982Send a Private Message to Garrett5982Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking into doing a tune up on my '85 GT. The Fiero store has a tune up kit that seems to have everything I'd need but I was wondering about how difficult doing this myself would actually be, or if it's worth just taking it to someone and have them do it. The kit includes a distributor cap, rotor, AC Delco spark plugs and STI spark plug wires. Open to suggestions on other products as well, Thank you guys
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2024 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With how hard it is becoming to get certain parts for the Fiero, I decided to buy all 6 engine sensors from the Fiero store....now I have a box of spare sensors in case something goes fritzi....

Might be smart to stock up.....

Also, when I changed the spark plugs this time, I swung the cradle/engine down- loosened the front cradle-bolts, then removed the rear ones and torque strut, and lowered it approx' 4-5" which swung the engine down and rearward a bit and made it MUCH easier to get to the rear 3 plugs- also, I used compressed air to blow any debris out from around the plugs, then sprayed some break-free.....let it sit, then started the engine for few minutes to help the BF penetrate.....let it cool and then sprayed some more- let it sit for 24 hours- plugs came out easy....and I still have six-and-one-half fingers!

[This message has been edited by cvxjet (edited 04-24-2024).]

Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2024 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buy yourself a timing light from Harbour Freight and go for it. It’s not hard. Just remember to jump terminals A&B in the ALDL plug. Before you set the timing. Also, align your distributor caps before you swap the plug wires.
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2024 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plugs, Cap, wires, fuel Filter and check timing is a ' Full tune up' for your 85. I didn't add an oil change, that is a regular thing.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock