V8 Fiero's and Sanderson Headers by Mxzx
Started on: 03-21-2024 11:37 AM
Replies: 3 (146 views)
Last post by: V8Steve on 03-22-2024 08:44 AM
Mxzx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MxzxSend a Private Message to MxzxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't waste your time or money buying a set of these junk headers. I have a set of Sanderson Street Rod headers that are cracked to pieces, they are an inferior quality piece of junk, leak like a sieve around the welds and the collectors. Both sides did this. I called Sanderson and they tried to blame everything else; mixture, Jet Hot, power, application, etc. My application is a 383 with EFI making maybe 300hp on regular pump gas. They are aware they are junk, hence they only carry a 2 year warranty. DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2024 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It pretty much doesn't matter the brand, having all the sharp bends and the opposite direction of thermal expansion of the tubes being restricted by the flange, will cause nearly any header of that design to crack in the same spot. I went through a couple of them before I settled in on the Speedway Tru-Ram cast stainless manifolds. After the switch, I ran them for 45K+ miles w/o issues.

https://www.speedwaymotors....-Stainless,5425.html
Mxzx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MxzxSend a Private Message to MxzxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I will keep those in mind.

Funny thing is, the warranty person blamed everything else except the header, yet was more than happy to try and sell me another set for $650!! No thanks.

I welded the crap out of these, see what happens.
V8Steve

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2024 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went through two sets of Sanderson junk before switching over to the same Tru Ram as above. No issues at all, especially no leaks.

------------------
88GT 355 CI, AED HO 750 Double Pumper, AFR milled 180, Dyno'd at 427 HP, 360 WHP, F40 6-Spd
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock