88 Brake rotor upgrade by rglasco101
Started on: 05-24-2023 04:38 PM
Replies: 4 (425 views)
Last post by: wwh0001 on 05-27-2023 12:03 PM
rglasco101

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2023 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rglasco101Send a Private Message to rglasco101Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Came across an old thread talking about brake upgrade on the 88 to use the vette rotors, but I am unable to find the brackets, who has them or does someone have the drawings to make them?

"On the 88's you just need the caliper bracket to shift the stock rotor outboard, the concentric rings and the bolts. Since the 88 calipers front/rear are essentially the same, you can use the same bracket Right & Left, Front and Back to lower the cost of the kit. This kit reuses the stock 88 calipers front/rear and parking brake and it is a bolt on swap that can be done in a couple of hours. The 88 upgrade uses 4 front rotors from an 88 C4 Corvette."

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!...cket&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9 3d3cuZmllcm8ubmwvZm9ydW0vQXJjaGl2ZXMvQXJjaGl2ZS0wMDAwMDEvSFRNTC8yMDA2MDgxMS0yLTA2MTQ4My5odG1s&ntb=1
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2023 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 12" C4 rotor swap isn't as popular these days due to the interference between the lower a-arm and backside of the rotor. Some bracket designs for that also had interference issues between the caliper sliders and the upper control arm. Here is a thread about the 12" kit and the nose interference issue:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/093493.html

When I designed my 13" rotor swap kit for the 88s, all of those issues were engineered away. As long as you car has 17+" wheels and does not have Rodneys lowering ball joints, the kit is plug and play and retains the used of the stock calipers and parking brake cables.
https://fieroguruperformance.com/?page_id=22
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2023 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As the owner of the "guru's" 13" kit, I recommend it highly. The engineering is superb. Install it in an afternoon.

Sluppy123 sells the brackets for the C4 kit, but there is the issue of the control arm tips.
I've also got the C4 rotors on another car, and the lower control arm thing really is "a thing".
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2023 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guru's 13" brake kit is the new standard for easy upgrades to the 88 braking system.
wwh0001

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2023 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wwh0001Send a Private Message to wwh0001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry mistake I’m posting

[This message has been edited by wwh0001 (edited 05-27-2023).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock