Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  High NOx Smog Failure (Defeat or Bust) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
High NOx Smog Failure (Defeat or Bust) by Notorio
Started on: 02-11-2023 01:58 PM
Replies: 80 (1077 views)
Last post by: Notorio on 05-02-2023 11:43 PM
Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2023 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

As promised, I did a mild “shake down test” today. Since this is the first real drive since I got it smogged, I didn’t want to drive it a long distance from home just in case the engine started behaving badly. (since I still have the intake port tube of the egr solenoid plugged)

Anyways, the run was mostly freeway cruising, about 65 most of the time. I drove approximately 35-40 miles total, which included a detour off highway 280 to go up into the hills. (Sand Hill Road up to Old La Honda Road and back on Alpine Road) Weather was about 68 degrees most of the trip. As an fyi I did not drive the car hard during this trip. (I drove like a “normal” person) 😀
I’m summary, the car drove absolutely fine. No idling issues at stoplight, no acceleration or hesitation, no overheating, nothing.
Granted, it might have been a more “telling” summary if it were 80-90 degrees out but that will have to come later during the summer.
Comments? Kit

Sounds interesting so far. My car, with the test plug removed, has also been running fine. I'll see what the gas mileage is, although it has been mostly around town and a bit heavy on the foot.
IP: Logged
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock