What to do with my faulty EGR system ? by LeoLeChat
Started on: 11-08-2022 04:01 PM
Replies: 1 (322 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-08-2022 06:33 PM
LeoLeChat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2022 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeoLeChatSend a Private Message to LeoLeChatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I live in France with my 88 GT auto 3 and I keep buying new parts to fix my car. My EGR system is faulty and I would like to get ride of it because it seems to make my engine backfire.

How can I delete my EGR system without a chip (I will try to buy one later) ?

Thanks a lot,
Leo
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2022 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First check France Law about deleting emission equipment.
In some EU states you won't pass Inspections with bad/missing emission items even for old cars.

Removing/blocking EGR is easy...

But Without a "Chip" reprogrammed in the V6 ECM the CEL will turn on at "Random," have "engine problems" and cause many exhaust sniffer test to Fail.
Even with "dumb" EGR on Fiero 4cyl and other engines, ECM is program to have a working EGR or can have "Ignition" and other problems when ECM think EGR should be open and isn't.
Two Step and Dyno Roller sniff tests that many Inspection places uses are to find problems with EGR and the Catalyst. CEL On alone will Fail many Inspections.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock