Champion radiator plugs by spartan_chaz
Started on: 01-17-2022 03:07 PM
Replies: 6 (494 views)
Last post by: OldsFiero on 01-22-2022 11:16 AM
spartan_chaz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2022 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spartan_chazSend a Private Message to spartan_chazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. I have a 3 core champion radiator. My 87 GT is a manual so I won’t utilize the two extra holes in it.

Does anyone have a link to the plugs I need to buy to plug them?

I got a couple brass plugs from Home Depot but nothing I found there is seeming to work.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
V8Steve

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2022 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I misplaced the plastic plugs and installed it with no plugs of any kind.

------------------
88GT 355 CI, AED HO 750 Double Pumper, AFR milled 180, Dyno'd at 427 HP, 360 WHP, F40 6-Spd
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

cyrus88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2022 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cyrus88Send a Private Message to cyrus88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
they don't need to be plugged
spartan_chaz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2022 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spartan_chazSend a Private Message to spartan_chazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. Thx for the quick response. I’ll go ahead and install the radiator then!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe the size of the threads for the Champion Radiator trans cooler fittings are 1/8 NPT . Should you choose to plug them pipe plugs in that size are readily available. You could leave them open and the radiator would not leak but I believe its a good idea to plug them

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read on this forum that some recommend plugging them to prevent oxidation inside that can possibly cause leaks in the future. Since they are made for transmission fluid, that might be a good thing to use to fill the tank on the side of the radiator then install the plugs. I suppose you could also use an antifreeze solution, too.
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2022 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do put liquid in the cooler be sure to leave enough air space to allow for thermal expansion. If you fill it completely with liquid, it likely will rupture. I would just leave it empty and plug them. Then later on, it could be used with an automatic and have a clean cooler.

Marc

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock