Auto to 6-speed by bonk22
Started on: 01-14-2022 09:39 PM
Replies: 1 (117 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 01-16-2022 12:20 PM
bonk22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2022 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonk22Send a Private Message to bonk22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I just bought an 86 gt with about 50k miles on it. It runs great but has an auto trany. I know where I can get a low mileage 6-speed from a G6 3.5L. My question is what would be involved in the transmission swap? I want to keep the 2.8 as it is strong and I don't drive that fast. I just want to swap tranys.

Thanks in advance for your input.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2022 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doing an auto to F 40 stick swap is a big job. You will need the transmission, the clutch, the fork, a flywheel, throwout bearing, shift cables, modified shift arms, the shifter itself, trans cable bracket, clutch pedal/bracket, the safety switch, the back up light switch, the clutch master cylinder, the slave cylinder, the hydraulic lines and some hardware. Its been done before but I would consult with someone that has completed this.
A much easier solution that gives you a forth gear is to bolt in a 4T60 automatic but if you have to have 6 speeds and a stick then start gathering up all the parts and be prepared to do some fabrication and hours of work.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock