The 440t4 transmission by handymanpat
Started on: 01-03-2022 03:43 PM
Replies: 2 (389 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 01-07-2022 11:19 AM
handymanpat

Feedback score:    (48)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2022 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for handymanpatSend a Private Message to handymanpatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have located the 440t4 trans to put on my 2.8 stock automatic trans engine.
It is a 1989 oldsmobile 88 royale.
I so see a kickdown cable but I'm trying to make sure the speed sensor is correct and not an electric one.
There is a 2 wire plug in the end but the plug tip looks different than the fiero plug tip for that speed sensor.
Can anyone verify that this trans is the correct one for the fiero?
Thanks for any help.
Pat
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1Packrat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2022 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1PackratSend a Private Message to 1PackratEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The easiest way to tell is to look at the Governor cap. If it has a clip that will allow you to pull the shaft for the speed sensor out you are good to go. It will look the same as the one on the 3 speed transmission. If not then it will be the electronic one. If you need to change the cap you are going to find that they are nearly impossible to find now. It took me 6 months to source one as most were lost when the government did the cash for clunkers program years ago. Because of this being such a rare part I ended up paying more for the cap then I did for the 4t60 itself. But in the end it was worth the change.
Good luck.
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2022 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 4T60 in my 86GT. The photo below is of the two types of speed sensors that came with the 4T60. The one on the left is the one you will need in order to be compatible with the Fiero. Most 4T60 transmissions came with the speed sensor on the right.

Good luck. Once you get the 4T60 installed and running you will really like it. Lower engine RPM at highway speeds and the gas milage.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock