Holley TBI for the Duke by Brivander
Started on: 01-01-2022 10:49 PM
Replies: 5 (177 views)
Last post by: edfiero on 01-05-2022 10:31 AM
Brivander

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrivanderSend a Private Message to BrivanderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a Holley TBI set-up floating around? Looking to get one, and yes, I know it's a long shot. I thought I had one lined up from a family member who is a long time Fiero fanatic, but he is unable to locate it!!!

Let me know, thanks!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What year? I think they were quite different through the years - someone correct me please if I am wrong.
Brivander

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrivanderSend a Private Message to BrivanderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

What year? I think they were quite different through the years - someone correct me please if I am wrong.

It's for an 84' I believe 84-86 are the same, the change is 87-88 I believe, but I could also be wrong.

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that the larger TBI injection unit for the Duke uses a different intake manifold with a larger bore. If you want to be creative try to find an S-10 in the junkyard with the Duke engine. Some of them have a larger throttle body but you will probably need to purchase the intake manifold that goes with it. Not certain about the interchange but the later Duke engines did have more horsepower.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Brivander

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrivanderSend a Private Message to BrivanderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I believe that the larger TBI injection unit for the Duke uses a different intake manifold with a larger bore. If you want to be creative try to find an S-10 in the junkyard with the Duke engine. Some of them have a larger throttle body but you will probably need to purchase the intake manifold that goes with it. Not certain about the interchange but the later Duke engines did have more horsepower.

You can use it with or without the intake. That said, I have a stock intake I am porting, and opening op the bore as large as possible.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2022 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, if keep the stock intake, you definitely need to port it to take advantage of the TBI.

I had one on my Duke for a while, but the engine didn't run smooth and I took it off and went back to the stock setup. Sold the Holley years ago.
They do popup for sale on Ebay from time to time.
There is 2 different models which can be used. One is a direct fit, and the other can be made to work, but I think there is something different about how the throttle cable connects and it needs some modification.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock