Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Can I put an 86-88 GT front bumper on my 84 SE?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Can I put an 86-88 GT front bumper on my 84 SE? by ironpuke84
Started on: 01-01-2022 10:42 AM
Replies: 12 (284 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 01-09-2022 10:30 AM
ironpuke84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ironpuke84Send a Private Message to ironpuke84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was wondering if I could put an 86-88 GT front bumper on my 84 SE fiero
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes - but you would need the more of the under the facia parts to really do it right - including the bottom parts of the fascia etc- or be prepared to modify some parts to get it right.
ironpuke84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ironpuke84Send a Private Message to ironpuke84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

Yes - but you would need the more of the under the facia parts to really do it right - including the bottom parts of the fascia etc- or be prepared to modify some parts to get it right.

Ok, but what parts specifically? Thanks.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plastic honeycomb absorber behind the fascia is not shown for some reason.
It would be best if you remove everything you need from a parts car yourself.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-01-2022).]

ironpuke84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ironpuke84Send a Private Message to ironpuke84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

The plastic honeycomb absorber behind the fascia is not shown for some reason.
It would be best if you remove everything you need from a parts car yourself.

Thank you so much!
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you converting the car over to smooth trim?

If you're staying with ribbed trim, the 84 Indy / 85 GT / 86 SE / 87 SE front bumper looks similar to the 86-88 GT bumper, but it has ribbed trim.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 01-01-2022).]

ironpuke84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ironpuke84Send a Private Message to ironpuke84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

What about the 84 formula bumper? would that just pop right on or would i need all the facia? Thanks.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ironpuke84:

What about the 84 formula bumper?

There's no such thing.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2022 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

If you're staying with ribbed trim, the 84 Indy / 85 GT / 86 SE / 87 SE front bumper looks similar to the 86-88 GT bumper, but it has ribbed trim.

Also a better chance to find one of these as a parts car (other than the Indy).

ironpuke84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ironpuke84Send a Private Message to ironpuke84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

There's no such thing.

Sorry, new to the whole fiero thing, i got mine just last year. Uh, let me correct myself. Could i put an 87/88 fiero formula front and rear bumper on my 84 se (without the facia and stuff)?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2022 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ironpuke84:

Could i put an 87/88 fiero formula front and rear bumper on my 84 se (without the facia and stuff)?

No matter which different "bumper" you swap onto an '84, there's going to some "stuff" required besides the nose itself. A base '87-'88/Formula nose swapped onto an '84 will at least require the specific egg-crate material and air dam. The plastic wheel well liners are also different dependent on which "bumpers" are installed. As mentioned previously by fierosound, it would be best if you were to remove everything you need yourself from a donor car.

PFF
System Bot
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2022 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87/88 rear bumpers are smooth trim. Watch thatr or it will look funny

You may also need wheel Wells for the front and you need the front blinker spacers when converting to the aero nose.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2022 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheel well liners for the GT nose are different. Close to the same wheel liner as on the notch back but with a small added piece stapled in place on the front bottom. The small side trim piece is also different 86-88 but most of the time it stays on the facia when it is removed.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock