Missing C&C T-top key replacement by DanMFiero88
Started on: 11-22-2021 06:23 PM
Replies: 2 (48 views)
Last post by: DanMFiero88 on 11-23-2021 07:58 PM
DanMFiero88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2021 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanMFiero88Send a Private Message to DanMFiero88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone,

Would any of you be able to provide some advice on replacing a missing C&C T-top key? I recently purchased an 88 Fiero with a C&C T-top (likely installed at the dealer). I have the code from the lock faces (same code on both, thankfully), but I've found it impossible to discover where I can get a replacement based on that code. I'm assuming the the CC at the start of the code stands for Cars & Concepts.

Thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mike in Sydney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2021 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike in SydneySend a Private Message to Mike in SydneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's a possibility that a locksmith may be able to help you. They may have something to be able to "decode" the key number or possibly remove the core and then make you a key based on the pins in the tumbler.

One other possibility is to find someone that has the same key number and get a copy made from their key. I could be wrong but can't believe that C&C installed unique keys in every C&C T-top installation.
DanMFiero88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2021 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanMFiero88Send a Private Message to DanMFiero88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! By jiggling the key a bit, I was able to open both locks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock