Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Is there an affordable obd2 scanner on Amazon?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is there an affordable obd2 scanner on Amazon? by RotrexFiero
Started on: 11-14-2021 04:27 PM
Replies: 7 (365 views)
Last post by: Steel on 11-18-2021 02:18 AM
RotrexFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2021 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need one that can scan in real time.

I don't know much about these scanners, except using the cheap one I have now to pull codes.

I'm running a 3.8 SC, with 3.5 pulley. The charger is hogged out, colder plugs, and open exhaust.

I just want to check on the health of the engine.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2021 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.bluedriver.com/...bluedriver-scan-tool

About $119. Always up to date software. Works on many vehicles.

[This message has been edited by Kevin87FieroGT (edited 11-14-2021).]

Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2021 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kevin87FieroGT

1202 posts
Member since Nov 2010
https://www.bluedriver.com/...bluedriver-scan-tool

About $100. Always up to date software. Works on many vehicles.
RotrexFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RotrexFieroClick Here to visit RotrexFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to RotrexFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw this posted on Amazon Feedback about the BlueDriver. The very thing I want it for is to see sensor data, primarily the knock sensor.

This product is marketed and presented really well but its garbage. The device does not read live diagnostic data. It takes hours to acquire all of the simple engine/emissions sensors. I lost my other Bluetooth scan tool when we moved so I got this device. After I installed and updated it I launched the app. I wanted to read fuel trims and O2 data on a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan but the only sensors available were the throttle position sensor and engine RPM. I called the support number and the customer service agent informed me that it takes time (hours) for the device to discover all the simple emissions and engine sensors. There are other devices on the market for much cheaper that allow for instant reading of data to diagnosis vehicles. Waste of money and time. Only reads/clears codes from the engine control module. Please dont waste your money.
RichLo1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichLo1Send a Private Message to RichLo1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OBD Link MX+ is my favorite! check it out
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMO, the best Scanner is made by HP Tuners, You use it with your laptop, special software and an interface box. You can scan log and record the results for later review. For a bit more $$ you can add the HP Tuners editing suite and its not difficult to tune with it and make adjustments.
You can go to HPtuners.com and download a sample version to see what it is like. Then if you like it and purchase, the activation code is supplied.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RichLo1:

Second vote for this. I've owned two (a WiFi and a BT one). Their (proprietary) software is pretty good, too. Lots of inexpensive and versatile Android apps out there that work with their devices. I tried out a few.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2021 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RichLo1:

+1

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock