Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Damn good reasons to pull the trigger on that 3800 Swap! // Video

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Damn good reasons to pull the trigger on that 3800 Swap! // Video by DimeMachine
Started on: 11-06-2021 09:24 AM
Replies: 33 (743 views)
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 12-03-2021 10:47 AM
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was so blown away with how capable and reliable Supercharged 3800 Fiero's are, I built my own.

Here is exactly why I did (with the help of this forum) - and some damn good reasons as to why you should too!

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I chose the 3800SC/4T65eHD swap back in 2008 and am still glad that I did that swap. Its a reasonably easy bolt in and the PCM interface is not CAN so it is very manageable. With a few simple mods you can get the series III engine from 260 to just under 300HP. Today it can be considered a dated swap but it is fast and reliable. For anyone considering this swap today, the choice of available low mileage engines seems pretty small so a rebuild will probably be necessary.
If I were to do a swap today the LFX V6 engine would be my choice but it is a much more difficult swap especially with the automatic. It provides 300 -323 HP in stock form, as much if not more than a stock LS4 V8, and is also lighter.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I chose the 3800SC/4T65eHD swap back in 2008 and am still glad that I did that swap. Its a reasonably easy bolt in and the PCM interface is not CAN so it is very manageable. With a few simple mods you can get the series III engine from 260 to just under 300HP. Today it can be considered a dated swap but it is fast and reliable. For anyone considering this swap today, the choice of available low mileage engines seems pretty small so a rebuild will probably be necessary.
If I were to do a swap today the LFX V6 engine would be my choice but it is a much more difficult swap especially with the automatic. It provides 300 -323 HP in stock form, as much if not more than a stock LS4 V8, and is also lighter.

The LFX V6 sounds like a fine swap Dennis. My biggest concern would be would we lose that throw you back in the seat almost make you ill low end torque of the 3800 SC. I build almost 14psi instantly which builds a TON of torque down low. I am getting the itch to do another Fiero from scratch....
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well done video, I enjoyed it. However, you'll never convince me that a 3800SC "sounds good".
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Well done video, I enjoyed it. However, you'll never convince me that a 3800SC "sounds good".

Ha, well thanks 4 commenting! Since the sound part is subjective - I won't even try to change your mind.
Maybe that is why I like the motor quiet (94 Camero Z28 Muffler) and the blower loud.... Who knows. Cheers

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 11-06-2021).]

La fiera

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I do respect everyone's choice of swaps. I'm with Patrick, 3800SC will never be my choice because my personal line of thought is that if you need boost to make power you have no clue of what you are doing. Then again I don't mean you don't know what you are doing. That is your choice and I respec that, as a matter of fact I'm subscribed to you channel because I like to see different Fieros. I'm all about sound, from idle to WOT! The 3800SC sounds "to me" like a HURT duck asking for help. It has no personality or aura.
I respect your choice, you like the wining sound drowning the displacement of the 3800; I respect that 100% because its your choice.
I like Green, you may like red and someone else may like Brown. To each their own and we should we respect eacho ther choices!
Me love you long time!
PS. I gave you thumbs up on YouTube!

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 11-06-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DimeMachine:

The LFX V6 sounds like a fine swap Dennis. My biggest concern would be would we lose that throw you back in the seat almost make you ill low end torque of the 3800 SC. I build almost 14psi instantly which builds a TON of torque down low. I am getting the itch to do another Fiero from scratch....

That is a very good point to consider. Yes with the 3800SC as soon as you floor the pedal, the boost comes on instantly. I run about 11 psi of intercooled boost and with a few breathing mods with a 3.4" pulley its got real power down low. That is the obvious benefit of an engine using a positive displacement roots type supercharger. The LFX dohc makes more horsepower stock it is a bit lighter but the power curve must be entirely different. It would be interesting to do a comparison but the DOHC engines seem to come into their own at higher RPM.s
I appreciate your sharing your project and posting the nice video.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

Warlordsix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WarlordsixSend a Private Message to WarlordsixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Loved the video. Loved the rationale. Loved the results.

Ernie

------------------
'87 Fiero 4.9 5-speed

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe that is why I like the motor quiet (94 Camero Z28 Muffler) and the blower loud...

I guess we're polar opposites then... as I want to hear the motor, but not the supercharger. To me, the sound a supercharger makes is too much like the disturbing noise an automatic transmission produces when it's on its last legs.That incessant whine makes my stomach knot up!

I posted my thoughts in regards to this sound Here at a Subie forum as well, so my aversion to superchargers isn't limited to just Fieros.

But I still enjoy your videos.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by La fiera:

Well, I do respect everyone's choice of swaps. I'm with Patrick, 3800SC will never be my choice because my personal line of thought is that if you need boost to make power you have no clue of what you are doing.

Boosted engines are used all over as OEM standard equipment . Many offer supercharger and turbo options on 2021 models including Cadillac, Honda, Volvo, Audi, Hyundai, Volkswagon, KIA, Genesis, Nissan, Camaro, Dodge, Ford Mustang, and Jaguar. Its a legitimate way of making horsepower but difficult to use as an aftermarket add on especially on DI engines

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2021 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Boosted engines are used all over as OEM standard equipment . Many offer supercharger and turbo options on 2021 models including Cadillac, Honda, Volvo, Audi, Hyundai, Volkswagon, KIA, Genesis, Nissan, Camaro, Dodge, Ford Mustang, and Jaguar. Its a legitimate way of making horsepower but difficult to use as an aftermarket add on especially on DI engines

My other car is a 2013 Abarth 1.4L Turbo and I enjoy it a lot! But personally for a driving experiece nothing beats an NA well tuned, no delay of any kind when you stump on the throttle! Of course if you have done your homework right!

PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I do respect everyone's choice of swaps. I'm with Patrick, 3800SC will never be my choice because my personal line of thought is that if you need boost to make power you have no clue of what you are doing. Then again I don't mean you don't know what you are doing. That is your choice and I respec that, as a matter of fact I'm subscribed to you channel because I like to see different Fieros. I'm all about sound, from idle to WOT! The 3800SC sounds "to me" like a HURT duck asking for help. It has no personality or aura.
I respect your choice, you like the wining sound drowning the displacement of the 3800; I respect that 100% because its your choice.
I like Green, you may like red and someone else may like Brown. To each their own and we should we respect eacho ther choices!
Me love you long time!
PS. I gave you thumbs up on YouTube!

Here is my take on the anti-boost folks. You know, the no hair dryer for me - or all natural, no boost crowd. I respect a high revving, high HP engine BUT, we just happen to be stuck (in many parts of the US) with atmospheric pressure of around 14.5 psi. You can't feel it or see it, but it is there and it is what forces air into the NA engine. Why not increase that pressure? If you just about double the pressure from 14.5 (from mother nature) to 28.5 with the help of the trusty M-90 you get just about double the power. Just about because the engine does not flow "double at 28psi from what it does at 14.5 psi and it does take HP to drive the M-90. I think of it as a very smart way to make power. Otherwise you really have to either massively increase the displacement (to get any low end torque) or REV it to the moon - which is much harder on rotating parts and valvetrain. I totally respect a nice NA engine and what you have done with yours - but I prefer Boost. Sound to me is a secondary consideration. I think it sounds fine but cannot deny that I have often thought to myself (a solid GM guy) that through the years the engineers at Ford have always made the mustang V-8 sound pretty sweet. Anyhow, if it has a motor and is pretty quick - I am a FAN! Cheers. PS, I appreciate the thumbs up (:-) !

[This message has been edited by DimeMachine (edited 11-07-2021).]

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2021 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See, that respond was awesome!!!! I explained myself, you explained yourself and we are all good! You are a GM guy so am I.It's nice to finally have someone's opinion without getting offended. And I really respect thatt!! Keep supercharging, I'm on your side!
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, I do respect everyone's choice of swaps. I'm with Patrick, 3800SC will never be my choice because my personal line of thought is that if you need boost to make power you have no clue of what you are doing.

Oh my..

You respect everyone's choice but you disrespectfully call them clueless in the next sentence.

You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good video and narrative.

I've built several of these over the years and they are everything you say.

But, not a fan of the blower whine right behind my head, so my choice is a lightweight V-8.

Keep up the good work!
pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2021 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Regarding modifications to the intake and heads, etc, anything you do to a naturally aspirated engine you can also do to a boosted engine.
It is not necessary to make a choice between mods or boost.

As far as how easy a modification is, that is relative to how much knowledge/experience you have.

When I was 17 with my first car, I was happy with myself because I was able to do a stock brake pad+rotor replacement. Now that has become a boring chore. Recently I added boost to my mostly stock Fiero engine, and I learned stuff.

Wherever you are on the learning curve, if you try something new and challenging, you will learn. If you do the same things over and over again, you will stagnate.
BillS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2021 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BillSSend a Private Message to BillSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While perhaps not the best engine choice (personally I prefer a 400 bhp all alloy 2.0 Ecotec - more available up to around 600 bhp_) I think that the 3800 is a valid option, albeit a rather dated engine today.
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2021 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Warlordsix:

Loved the video. Loved the rationale. Loved the results.

Ernie

Thank you! I love your comment !!
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought that the 3800SC is a dated swap and it may be but I have looked at some of the 1/4 mile times on cars that have the LFX engine and they are not particularly impressive. Mid to high 14 second runs seem to be what the LFX powertrain is capable of and that DI engine doesn't take well to mods.
Here is a video of the LFX vs the LS4 Impala.
LFX vs LS4 V8 vs V6.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

pmbrunelle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have looked at some of the 1/4 mile times on cars that have the LFX engine and they are not particularly impressive. Mid to high 14 second runs seem to be what the LFX powertrain is capable of

Those quarter mile times are achieved when the LFX is installed in a FWD boat, right?

Not exactly the best type of car to demonstrate the LFX's potential.

[This message has been edited by pmbrunelle (edited 11-10-2021).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:

Those quarter mile times are achieved when the LFX is installed in a FWD boat, right?

Not exactly the best type of car to demonstrate the LFX's potential.

But the Grand Prix GTP 3800SC's were not light (only 33 lbs lighter than the LFX Impala) and gave better 1/4 mile times. The LFX Impala in that video was also dyno tuned.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

PFF
System Bot
La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2021 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pmbrunelle:
Wherever you are on the learning curve, if you try something new and challenging, you will learn. If you do the same things over and over again, you will stagnate.

I coudn't say it better!

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2021 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thought that the 3800SC is a dated swap and it may be but I have looked at some of the 1/4 mile times on cars that have the LFX engine and they are not particularly impressive. Mid to high 14 second runs seem to be what the LFX powertrain is capable of and that DI engine doesn't take well to mods.
Here is a video of the LFX vs the LS4 Impala.
LFX vs LS4 V8 vs V6.

Interesting, another question would be what is the aftermarket support for these - unfamiliar territory for me - at this point in time anyways!. Thanks Dennis.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2021 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love my 3800SC. love the whine.

But I also own a rumbling V8. unfortunately it's a 4.9!!
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grantman:

Love my 3800SC. love the whine.

But I also own a rumbling V8. unfortunately it's a 4.9!!

I like the whine too - sounds wicked!
4.9.....that makes the 5.3 seem big. What vehicle is it in?
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3900 swap is probably around the same amount of work as 3800, 250hp stock, but you cannot turn up the boost. 3900 is extremely well designed and robust with excellent castings and oiling, a good alternative to LFX and all of its complexities and space consumption of the engine bay. No DI, and takes boost really well on a stock bottom end with good flowing heads. The heads have a crazy casting shape that allows the valves to be angled towards the center of the cylinder, allowing for larger valves to remain unshrouded as they open and head away from the cylinder head walls, as well as allowing for much larger intake ports as more space is created between the valve stems. Parts are still decently available and there is some aftermarket, especially since some parts common to 3400 and 3500. Also 60* V6 so it makes good noises.

3800 is cool too, just more weight than I wanted to add to the back, and I was not crazy about the exhaust note, though BVMotorsports had a really good sounding exhaust on his made for him by member Fierobsessed I believe. Youtube link attached. Uses a Borla XR-1 3" straight through muffler, I bought the same for my 2.8 because of this, it is a very nice but loud muffler. Will see how the 3900 sounds through it as well.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2021 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like the whine too - sounds wicked!
4.9.....that makes the 5.3 seem big. What vehicle is it in?

4.9 was used in Cadillac deVille and Seville from 91-95. Engines are the same between the two cars, but transmissions were geared differently, with the Seville gearing preferable for swap use, owing to the 3.33 final and 35/35 sprockets.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As a side note, Richard Holdener is currently doing a YouTube video series on the 3800 V6 engine. If you're not familiar with Richard Holdener, he does lots of engine dyno testing. He plans to "big bang" the 3800, which means he's going to try lots of different mods and push it till it blows up. The idea is to see what kind of power the 3800 can handle, and what mods get you the best bang for the buck.
87_special

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

As a side note, Richard Holdener is currently doing a YouTube video series on the 3800 V6 engine. If you're not familiar with Richard Holdener, he does lots of engine dyno testing. He plans to "big bang" the 3800, which means he's going to try lots of different mods and push it till it blows up. The idea is to see what kind of power the 3800 can handle, and what mods get you the best bang for the buck.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check him out.

I find it great that we have such good V6 options available for swaps these days. I remember when I first got into Fieros and it was Archie V8, Caddy 4.9L, or Northstar swap. None of those appealed to me.

The 3800 na, SC, and turbo all have their merits. I feel that they complement an existing auto car because the getrag just isn't good with the torque. They make great drag cars.

I'm very interested in doing a LZ9 swap in my new (to me) GT. My old SE was a blast to drive with the turbo 3500 (LX9) and 5 speed. The 3900 can be built for boost and big power. I'd be happy with stock power for a while but ultimately would like a turbo also.

DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2021 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hmmmm. Not to be a downer but - now is he going to see what will blow up the engine when the transmissions blow up first?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2021 03:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He has access to an engine dyno.
PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2021 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He has access to an engine dyno.

Well that should work (:-).
zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2021 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87_special:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check him out.

I find it great that we have such good V6 options available for swaps these days. I remember when I first got into Fieros and it was Archie V8, Caddy 4.9L, or Northstar swap. None of those appealed to me.

The 3800 na, SC, and turbo all have their merits. I feel that they complement an existing auto car because the getrag just isn't good with the torque. They make great drag cars.

I'm very interested in doing a LZ9 swap in my new (to me) GT. My old SE was a blast to drive with the turbo 3500 (LX9) and 5 speed. The 3900 can be built for boost and big power. I'd be happy with stock power for a while but ultimately would like a turbo also.

When my LZ9 swap is complete I will be sure to get dyno numbers and quarter mile times. I have a big-ish cam and some intake/valvetrain mods and a race balanced bottom end, and intend to build some headers. I worry that I will want to boost it once I get used to the power
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2021 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zkhennings:

When my LZ9 swap is complete I will be sure to get dyno numbers and quarter mile times. I have a big-ish cam and some intake/valvetrain mods and a race balanced bottom end, and intend to build some headers. I worry that I will want to boost it once I get used to the power

The LZ9 was a powerful engine in the 60* V6 series and it produced 240 HP, 240 ft lbs torque The 3800SC series II produced the same HP but 280 ft lbs of torque at a lower RPM level . Point is that the engines have two different power curves but both should provide good performance.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock