Pegged Temp. Gauge, 1988 GT 5-Speed by hdryder
Started on: 10-08-2021 07:19 PM
Replies: 12 (209 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-10-2021 04:07 PM
hdryder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this is a common problem, and there used to be some posts available for troubleshooting, but the ones I found in a search are no longer available.
Does anyone have information regarding troubleshooting and fixing a pegged Temp. Gauge?
Thank you for any and all help on this one.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just posted 3 weeks ago... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/.../HTML/145468.html#p1

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 10-08-2021).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In the mid 1990s... the fix was to pound the top of your gauge pod till it righted itself. Hahah.. sorry, unhelpful, I know...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hdryder:

...there used to be some posts available for troubleshooting, but the ones I found in a search are no longer available.

If you found them, how are they "no longer available"? Can you link to an example?

In 0.070 seconds, I found 25 threads in a search for Pegged Temp Gauge.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-08-2021).]

skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

In the mid 1990s... the fix was to pound the top of your gauge pod till it righted itself. Hahah.. sorry, unhelpful, I know...

Thats still my fix for my 87 i have yet to fix...

My 88 is stuck too well tho
hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

If you found them, how are they "no longer available"? Can you link to an example?

I'm sorry I upset you. I will try not to do it again. Several weeks ago when I was first looking, I was having trouble finding working past links on the subject.
I realize now that I should have checked again before last night's post for this issue I'm still having. Please forgive all my previous errors.
hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hdryder

674 posts
Member since Apr 2011

https://www.michiganfierocl...files/tempgauge.pdf.

http://www.fierosails.com/tempgage.html

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.michiganfierocl...files/tempgauge.pdf.

http://www.fierosails.com/tempgage.html

Since you were posting at this forum, I thought you were looking for information here.

I'm sorry I upset you.

Upset me? Not at all. I was simply demonstrating how to properly use the search function at PFF.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Upset me? Not at all. I was simply demonstrating how to properly use the search function at PFF.

PATRICK!!!

I am patiently waiting on pictures of your awesome install of those parts you bought!!!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

PATRICK!!!

Ya ya.... I've responded to your PM.

PFF
System Bot
hdryder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hdryderSend a Private Message to hdryderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Those were links that I found here on the PFF forum, included on different individual's threads, on the Temp Gauge subject search.
Again, sorry for any problem it caused. I didn't mean to do that.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2021 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please stop apologizing to me! The point I was trying to make with my link to all the relevant threads is that there has been a ton of info posted here (even ignoring the occasional external dead links) that covers how to deal with a pegging temperature gauge. I'd be pretty shocked if you can't find the info you need at PFF to fix this issue.

I know this is a common problem, and there used to be some posts available for troubleshooting, but the ones I found in a search are no longer available.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock