Not quite complete L32 swap by TurboGN
Started on: 10-06-2021 12:58 PM
Replies: 4 (294 views)
Last post by: TurboGN on 10-09-2021 05:57 PM
TurboGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2021 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGNSend a Private Message to TurboGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a 1988 Fiero GT with a 3800 SC swap that's not quite complete. The hoses for A/C go all the way back into the engine compartment but are cut off. The compressor on the L32 doesn't look like it has any fittings to attach to and there is no harness connector for the sensor at the front of the compressor. The other missing piece of the harness is the connection to the oil pressure sensor. Where could I get the parts to finish this swap?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TurboGN:

I purchased a 1988 Fiero GT with a 3800 SC swap that's not quite complete. The hoses for A/C go all the way back into the engine compartment but are cut off. The compressor on the L32 doesn't look like it has any fittings to attach to and there is no harness connector for the sensor at the front of the compressor. The other missing piece of the harness is the connection to the oil pressure sensor. Where could I get the parts to finish this swap?

Honestly, I'd hit the junkyard and see what parts were on the original car it came from (Grand Prix?)... and then buy what you're missing or need so you can adapt it to the Fiero condensor, etc.
TurboGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2021 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGNSend a Private Message to TurboGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I brazed on the 10mm switch port on the high side line near the firewall bulkhead and used the Fiero A/C OEM hose ends with new barrier hoses on them.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

TurboGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2021 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGNSend a Private Message to TurboGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock